Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

For all of you who have been waiting for this little one to be born. He is finally here!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: He was born at 6am this morning and these pictures were taken at age "3 hours old".

He has no name as yet. I will get to know him first. His mama and him are doing great. She is a very good mom for a young horse.

He has the longest legs I have ever seen on a baby. I feel he will be taller than his mama. He is half Quarter horse and Mustang. His mama is a Mustang and most are Quarter blood, so he will be strong and shapely. 

Angels come in all sizes and shapes

baby14.jpg

baby13.jpg

I am so excited to be finally born!

baby4.jpg

baby3a.jpg

My first drink ....hmmm so good!!

baby5.jpg

"Hello - who are you?"

baby6a.jpg

baby8.jpg

Hear me roar!!!!!" "I am a stallion look at what I can do." mama.

babymestud2a.jpg

hugs all - back to watch him

kassie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AWWW how precious!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

How exciting, Kassie!!   Congratulations...what a beauty he is indeed!!!

I was sure I heard a stallion roar earlier today...must have been him (kidding folks...just kidding)   bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

How wonderful Kassie,

he does look like he has long legs, but OH! such a cutie....congrats to mom and you and the family!

K Pawz Guest

:clap:  :clap: Congratulations Kassie!!!!
Happy Birthday Little Painted boy :cake:
What a gorgeous little colt he is!!!

Hugs,
krista

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

AWWWWW kassie. He is beautiful!
Sonya

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

What a beautiful Mama & baby...blessings on all!!!

Hugs &

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Kassie,

Awww!  Your pony is so cute!!  Congratulations!  I think your mommy's horse is beautiful.  I had a horse when I was a little girl. 

hugs,
Sheila

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

He's beautiful!!!!!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub

Joan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is one gorgeous colt, Kassie . . . and mom isn't any slouch, either!  Big congrats on the baby boy - he does seem to have similar markings to his mother.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

A new gorgeous baby, congratulations.  Mum did quite well too.  Glorious photos - thanks for sharing them.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Congratulations!!  What a little blessing.   bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

AAAAWWWWWsssshucks he gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

how gorgeous Kassie!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a beautiful boy. He has such nice markings too!  bear_wub

A big congratulations to the Momma horse for producing such a handsome son.

Please post more pictures as he grows Kassie.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Oregon

Hi everyone,

Just got in from a very wonderful day enjoying this little angel. I have to tell you. I love making my bears and it is one of the things I spend a lot of time doing and we all know how addicted we get, but I had no problem spending the day with this angel that has filled our lives. He is just so amazing. I have had horse all my life and I got to say he is really special. That is not just "me very proud talk either. He truly is just that. I have so much I would love to share, but I am so tired right now, but I will share later on all the things he did on his first day, and reply to each one of you. You are so wonderful.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
And not to leave anyone out, but Aleta  bear_flower  dear friend it is so nice to see you here, I have missed you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thank you all so much. I am glad you enjoyed meeting our new little boy. Sue Ann wrote

he does seem to have similar markings to his mother.

That brings up a story about his new name. Oh, we have a name for him. He does have some similar marks to his mama. It is really interesting the markings that his mama and papa have. Our stallion has a white bird on his upper rump and this little guy has a mark on his neck that looks rather close to the state of Texas. So, guess what his name is. His papa's name is Mystic War Drum, his mama is Mystical Dawn Runner and the baby is Texas Mythical Drummer.
Ya, Renea - I change it a little from the time you left here. I was sitting down there with him after you guys left and he told me what he wanted his name to be. *wink*
Oh, silly me. I am chatting away here like you all know what I am talking about. Renea and her wonderful hubby came by tonight Kerry and we had talked about his name and the mark on his neck that he has that looks like the state of Texas. My hubby saw it is first, so really Texas is his idea. I liked it and the rest is just the beginning of this little guys story.
Hey, Renea you came jump in any time here and share some of the things I told you about what he did to today. You are a much better writer than I.  bear_original And share anything else about him as well.
Now, I do have some more pictures to share. so enjoy.

ok here are some new pictures.

the mark that looks like the State of Texas

texas6.jpg

just some being really cute ones

texas4.jpg

texas5.jpg

texas2.jpg

texas3.jpg

ok, this next one is a really kicker..... bear_grin it is so cute - check out the arrow and were it points.

texas1.jpg

Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin! aaawwwww

and we all say goodnight

texasnite5a.jpg

texasnite2a.jpg

hugs all we all go to rest after a wonderful first day. bear_original

kassie

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Congratulations!  He does have beautiful markings.  I must say paints are at the top of the list for me.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

He is BEAUTIFUL Kassie!  Those long legs are just gorgeous!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wow, Kassie, Texas is a beautiful little guy--lucky you, actually living with such gorgeous creatures.

I love his chinny hair bear_wub

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe Kassie.  He's beautiful and just perfect!  You must be very pleased.

I was wondering where you were lately.  You must be very busy now with this newborn...or does the mommy do most of the care for the baby?

Oregon

Hi everyone,

just a short post. I am sure you will understand. I am very tired and it has been another very long day with the new baby. thank you all for your best wishes and congratulations. He is doing very well on day two of his new life and we had many vistors today. We (me and Texas) were very tired today and by night fall I ended up falling alsleep with him in the pen on the straw and shavings bed I made for him. No pictures were taken because my hubby was asleep and no one was around, but I believe that is when the most amazing things happen and sometimes it is shared with the world. This was one of those times it was between me, Texas, his Mama and the angels that watch over him. So, let me tell you I was cuddled up behind him on the ground and my arm was around him, he was resting his head on my shoulder and his mama was watching over us when I woke up. It was wonderful to have that little angel sleeping on my chest and cuddled under my arm.
Life is beautiful and I am very blessed.

good night on day two of Texas Mythical Dummer's first few days of very long happy life

kassie

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Ohhhhhhhh!  Kassie he is just gorgeous!  Very nicely put together........he'll surely be a stunner, as he is already. bear_thumb Are you sure he's not part race horse with those long, long legs? bear_grin  Really, he is beautiful, like his momma, and you are one lucky lady to have both of them.  I am missing having the foals around now......I'm sure I'm turning green here! bear_tongue I don't breed my girls anymore.......not enough time to devote to the foals these days......but I absolutely loved working with the babies.  They are the best! bear_thumb And

WOW

!!  You must be very close to his momma to be "allowed" to sleep with her little one that way.  That is the neatest thing I've ever heard!   Did I mention you are a lucky lady? :hug:

Keep those pics coming........I wanna see more! bear_grin  bear_grin

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Kassie, he is fabulous, congratulations, love his markings.  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kassie, I have never seen a newborn colt in person.  What a blessing it must have been for you to cuddle with him like that !  I just love the pictures , he is so beautiful and looks like mom is taking good care of him.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

He is a VERY handsome fellow Kassie! simple gorgeous and well worth the wait.  bear_wub Thanks for sharing the pictures, I could look at him all day. :hug:

Board footer