Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I was sitting here having a blah, iky, I hate this weather, kind of day when I looked out the window to see this ray of sunshine in my tree.   I  love these little finches, and they sure do look beautiful on a wet, cold, dreary spring day. 
I hope you enjoy them too.  I believe the male is the bright yellow and the female is more subtle yellow.

Finch.jpg
Finch2.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pretty!  We have finches of some sort that nest in the patio ceiling at the edge, but the male is bright red instead of yellow, and the female, a less colorful brownish tone.

These are so pretty and really do look sun-shine-y!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Mr & Mrs Gold Finch..... How Exciting!

(Tammy I'm with you on this weather as ours is the same.... so blah!!! It's like living in London!!!)

One winter I saved a little male gold finch that flew into our window, hit the ground and seemed to be not dead but in shock. The neighbors cat watched the whole thing and was hunched down in a bush as if ready to pounce.

I went out and scooped the little guy up (with glove on) and brought him into the garage to warm up and recover. Within 10 minutes we has sitting on my finger checking me out then gave a little chirp and flew away. I named him George so now every time a see a Goldfinch I think.. "GEORGE!!!"  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hey Shelli, we have the red ones sometimes but not often.  Here is a picture from January with the "red colored- Purple Finches and the much less colorful winter Yellow Finches.  I don't know how they can survive the cold winters.
FINCH3.jpg

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a lovely ray of sunshine!  Thank you, Tammy.   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Seeing that snow in the second picture gave me a shiver!!  Stop that!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Tammy - I love birds so thanks very much for the pictures.  We have tons of the gold and purple finches as well, but they are darling, aren't they?  We also have evening Grosbeaks, which look like bid goldfinches, and we have rose breasted Grosbeaks, which are black and white with a lovely rosey breast.  The first time I saw one, I was soo excited and said out loud "I'd looove to see one up close"!  Next morning, there was a dead one on my back deck, with a smug looking cat smirking at me (MY CAT!).  It was like he was saying, "there you go, have a good look!!  I was soo upset with him.  The only thing that has saved his bacon is he has never managed to catch a Cardinal. 

Hugs,

Brenda

Board footer