Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Hey Everyone,

Look what that amazing Shelli has done for me ... using just a washing-up bottle and some sticky back plastic!!  Sorry Guys, that will mean nothing to you unless you grew up watching Blue Peter on the telly.  But listen, for those of you who don't know.... this girl is seriously, seriously GOOD bear_flower  bear_flower
                              :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Ignore the website for the moment.  The new one was due to go live this weekend but my designer  - AKA my hubby -  has been ill so we will go live next week.  (Still some lovely bears to drool over on the outa-date site if you want.... tee-hee).

Thanks Shelli

Hugs, Sue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Sue,
     Your new avatar is beautiful - yep, Shelli is really good, isn't she!  Who's bear is that on it - I loooove antique teddies~

Hugs,

Brenda

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wow--she certainly is good--this one is perfectly elegant  bear_wub

Eileen

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Thanks Brenda, thanks Eileen,

The bear is a Portobello Bear by Amy Goodrich.  His name is Wordsworth's Dream and he is one of the many Portobello bears that will be appearing on the website..... if I can bear to part with him that is!   bear_laugh 

If you enjoy Amy's work the current website (which is sadly out of date) is showing a gallery of her characters that we have had in over the past year or so. bear_thumb

Shelli is not only gifted, she is very knowledgeable - full of hints and ideas - and, I have to say, is the most patient person in the world.  Oh, and she has a great sense of humour.  Right.  That's it.  Soapbox put away and it's up to you all to find out for yourselves. bear_flower

LOL,
Sue

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw
Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Fabulous!!  Shelli is so very talented.  A lovely showcase bear too!!  bear_original  bear_original 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super duper avatar, Sue . . . Shelli is magnificent!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wonderful avatar Sue! Shelli is amazing with Photoshop isn't she! I love Portobello Bears, I have seen  Amy Goodrich many times at shows.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh, it's YOU Sue!  I thought it was a coincidence that Sue of Pegotty from the UK had a doppelganger called Sue of Pegotty in Texas!  Then I went to see your website and found a picture of my sister's bear 'Popcorn' ... hey presto, the penny dropped!!   :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sue, the public accolades were unnecessary, but noted and appreciated; thank you.

I can't take much credit for the design concepts behind this avatar, or any of the other bits and pieces I created for PEGGOTTY.  Sue came to me as "art director" with lots of great, solid ideas already on board -- including a classically lovely color scheme (clotted cream and deep scarlet red,) and an older logo to modernize, but keep more or less intact.  On this job, I was more a "production artist" than a designer, per se.  In some ways that makes it a more challenging job on my end than it might have been otherwise, because I really have to "get inside the head" of the client when the client knows just what she/he wants.  But Sue was an absolute delight to work with, staying closely in touch, very clear about her wishes and wants.  I think we landed on the other side with something true to her vision for PEGGOTTY, but updated and fresh! 

It's so much fun to do this design thing and to please people with the outcome; I honestly wish every one of you could try this on, just for a day or two.  Penny knows what I mean... and Jane, too.  It's just incredibly rewarding and exciting and just plain fun.

Anyhoos... Thanks again, Sue, for the very public mention.  And to the rest of you, for your very validating and complimentary comments on my work.  They're appreciated!

:redface:  bear_flower  :redface:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wonderful avatar ! I find it very impressive as it's marvelously vintage and sweet and delicate ! Such a great work Sue and Shelli ! :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Sue... your new avatar is GORGEOUS!  Fab job Shell!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

It's a lovely avatar Sue - i'm glad you got it sorted out  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Shelli has done a lovely job as usual - a very classic style  bear_flower

Penny  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

A fabulous  Avatar, Sue and yes Shelli has created an elegant vintage look for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer