Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.

My husband, who is "at work" -- ha! -- sent this to me.  It's a two minute diversion from your daily activities and a fascinating look into color perception and optical illusion.  And it actually matters to folks like us, who create using color and shading and light, and who then use colored backgrounds to photograph our work to ultimately, hopefully, sell it.

I'm not sure exactly HOW this matters -- which specific issues it addresses -- in our work, but it sure gave me pause, and something to think about, for the future, in terms of how I combine and photograph colors in combination.

Enjoy!

http://www.echalk.co.uk/amusements/Opti … ption.html

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Shelli . . . that was toooo cool!!  bear_cool bear_cool And fun!! bear_laugh bear_grin Thanks for sharing!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wo! It is really illusion !
I don't think I will trust my eyes
anymore !!! :lol::lol:

Thank you to Shelli and your hubby!

Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Wow, amazing, really amazing.

Who would have thunk it?!
Danni

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Fascintating....I developed fairly severe optic nerve damage from glaucoma that just appeared out of nowhere (literally) about 4 years ago and have had a boat load of vision tests...these things always amaze and fascinate me.   Those stupid charts they have you read at the end of the hall...I've learned they mean diddle...just a very basic screening tool....but then try to convince that to insurance companies.  The eye and brain connection...pretty complex.

Thanks for sharing, Shelli!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Shelli, Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You posted it just at the right time. My daughter Sarah is writing a paper on vision and this will help her so much.
((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, good!  Serendipity is a wonderful thing... bear_original

Board footer