Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Kim,
     I love your wording and think it's a really good idea.  I think I may start adding it to my listings - thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Hugs,

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Brenda said

Here's one thing to consider - if we all email him from our own private emails, telling him to back off, there is nothing he can do.  I know from experience that Ebay won't do anything if the emails are not sent through Ebay's system.  Maybe we should innundate this jerk with emails, saying we are watching him etc. - nothing nasty, just "we watch our for each other so please stop"!.   It's worth a shot.

Only thing is, Brenda, not sure I like the idea of this creep having my email address if I emailed him! I used to get so much spam email and only recently has it been back down to only the odd one every few days.

bear hugs, Edie

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Thanks for offering to let us use your wording, Kim - you have expressed it very well!
Bear hugs, Edie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Brenda and Edie... no problem at all.  I'm sure that it's NOT the BEST wording in the world, I'm certainly no wordsmith, but it does seem to get the idea across plainly & educate buyers who may not be as savy as they could be... plus it isn't scarey.... I've seen some "warnings" in a few non-bear listings that come across really angry.  Now... don't get me wrong...I get "shin-kickin' mad" when someone does something fraudulent to my underbidders or with my auctions... but I certainly don't want to scare off my bidders in my auction description.  :doh:   We all just have to educate ourselves about the potential fraud that is out there and do what we can to educate our customers about it as well.    bear_smile  When we all know what to look out for, we can avoid falling prey to fraudsters.  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Thanks Judi for the alert!  This is a good thing, to keep everyone aware of the fraud that is going on.
I noticed that one seller is putting a note on her pictures...Property of soandso...That way, I suppose it stops them from stealing her photos.  Not sure how that works.  It is really too bad that ebay doesn't have the capability to police this a little better.
So sorry, Judi...you are having to go thru all this aggrevation...as if you didn't have better things to do with your time, than try to undo these liars.

nancy

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's awful!  Is it okay if I post about this on I Love Teddies?

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lots of good comments on this thread - Edie, you're right - I don't want this jerk to have access to my email either! 

Nancy, I put my name on all my auction photo's now.  I don't know if it will totally deter someone from stealing the photos, but I've had my auctions hijacked a couple of times, so I will do everything I can to stop it. 

Kim, your right - all we have is each other to try and stop this type of behaviour.  And after reading you lovely paragraph, I was in such a hurry tonight when listing an auction, I forgot to add it LOL!  Oh well, I've saved the paragraph in my ebey file, for next time.  Thanks again.

hugs,

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
melanie jayne wrote:

Judi have you heard anything else from this situation from ebay?

No Melanie, I have not heard anything more about this.

Kim , Thank you very much for posting what you add to your lisitngs.  That is perfect!

Edie, I know hwta you mean about this creep getting ahold of your email.  Lots of spam out there. bear_sad

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Just goes to show that you have got to keep your wits about you aye!
I sooo want a chance to sell on Ebay, but these stories scare the begeebers out of me. :doh:  bear_wacko
Wendy

Board footer