Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

If you take Paypal, and use Ebay, and if you get a message from "ebaymember" regarding a transaction number 6436472319, saying someone with the username barnsley1105 or bur_mik wants to buy something from you, don't reply.  It's a phishing scam.  Forward the  communication to spoof@paypal.com and spoof@ebay.com. 

I received the following e-mail in a hotmail.com address that I use as a bear artist (angelbeariescloud@hotmail.com).  I thought it was a fraud straightaway because at the moment I have nothing on sale myself on Ebay. 

"Hey, I have tired twice to pay you through   paypal but the transaction
is not working its keeps giving an error message   (This recipient is currently unable to receive money) is there anything wrong   with your
paypal??
Respond to this question in My Messages."

There was a link under the phrase, "My Messages." 

I forwarded the message to spoof@ebay.com and spoof@paypal.com.  I received messages back from each of these two addresses, confirming that it was a phishing scam. 

Gail S. Thomas
Angelbearies

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

OOh thanks Gail....I keep getting weird spoof emails from'paypal' too which are clearly trying to rip me off.....I nearly fell for it too. If the phone hadn't rung and I'd had time to think about it I'd have gone hook, line and sinker!!!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

EASY way to know if these are real emails or not.. (I get TONS every day!)

If they are REALLY from eBay or Paypal, it will say "Dear Laura Matthews" (but put your own name there LOL!)

PLUS...if you are still not sure... open another window... go directly to the eBay site or Paypal site (depending on which spoof email you received) and log into your account from there to check... NEVER click on a link in an email to Ebay or Paypal!!

Board footer