Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Guys, hi

It's been a few days since I last looked at Teddy-Talk and goodness what a lot of catching up there is.  It really is a daily thing isn't it - straight after the school run but before house-work.  Love it!! :dance:

I've got to tell you that our entire week has been spent updating the website (using our new graphics from Shelli) and I'm pleased with the result .... bearing in mind that it a 'homer' and not a professionally designed site.

BUT ...... my huge disappointment and challenge for the future is the photography on the site.  Try as I may I cannot seem to get decent photographs and even if they look OK in thumbnail size they just appear all fuzzy once they have been enlarged.  Help... what can I do?

At the moment I use 2 cameras - a Canon Powershot S30 with 3.2 mega pixels and a 10 x zoom, and an older Canon Sure Shot, 35 ml, Zoom XL.  I prefer the digital because I can get instant feedback but  would be happy to switch if the digital doesn't have enough pixels (you can see I haven't got a clue, can't you).

I have been using a brilliantly sunny room with white walls.  I use a white trifold.  I set the white background.  I've used both manual and auto settings and even macro for the smaller bears but I can't get the clarity I needs.  What I want is to get the same sharpness of picture as Frank Webster of Charnwood Bears - you can see his pics on my site.

Can anyone help or suggest recommended reading or just give me some advice.  I'm so disappointed with my efforts to date!!!!!  :pray: 

Thanks Guys,

LOL, Sue bear_wub

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Shelli has written a wonderful photography guide on the Bearsnbuds website. Here is the link to the article. It is very helpful
http://www.bearsandbuds.com/webzine/Pho … Teddy1.asp
Hope this helps
Sonya

nettie scotland
Website

Hi Sue,
I find outdoor in the daylight shows the fur colour and texture much better and is cheaper than light boxes etc.
Diane xx

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

THE PHOTOS ARE FINE the site is lovely...

If you STILL want to improve them still...CHANGE  your lighting...
Try bouncing a flash off the ceiling above the bears next time.
Dont sit them against the backgound this causes shadows.

You could photo edit each picture individually highering the brightness and contrast to get a good depth.
If then then look to saturated with colour, decrease the saturation a tad.
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP OR AN EASIER PACKAGE IS ADOBE PHOTO ELEMENTS.

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Thanks Guys,  I really appreciate your help. bear_flower

I looked at Shelli's web pages and yes, they have tons of useful information that I will incorporate.  Di, I haven't done photos outside for ages but you're right and with the sunlight here in Dallas they could work wonderfully well.  (it's really good to hear from you by the way!).

Interesting to know about the Adobe products too.  At the moment I'm using a very simple HP image editor that came with the usual PC software packages when we bought the machine.

Thanks everyone.  Look out for amazing pictures (not!!!) :crackup:

LOL, Sue

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Sue,  bear_flower
The new site is lovely.  It's easy to navigate and the pictures are large enough to see the detail in the bears.   bear_wub   Nicely done! 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer