Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I would like to make a bear thats has a ultra suede muzzle inserted but I don't know how to go about it? Can anyone help?

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..just slice off the nose on your side of head pattern, and line up the head gusset slicing off the part with the nose lining up with the sides of the head, draw that piece [making seam allowances] onto ultrasuede, and then you sew it all together.

Ooomph, did that make sense?  Or are you talking about an open mouthed muzzle?

Amelia

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Thats what I mean but can you make the muzzle from one piece of suede not three?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original $am,

You can make the muzzle out of one piece. Cut the muzzle parts from your patterns for both head sides and gusset, then tape them together.  You need to remove the seam allowances from the pattern where these pieces would normally join, and add seam allowances to the edges where the ultrasuede and fur will be sewn together.

I hope this helps!

Eileen

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Thank you! I just remembered there was a project in Australian Bear Creations that had one so that should help me.

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Sorry but I still need help with the one piece muzzle. Has anyone got a diagram or something?

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Here is a drawing. the far left is the muzzle with the dashed line beine where you would cut the pattern piece
the middle is your side head pattern and the dashed line is where you would cut it (one for the left and one for the right )
The last part is the pattern taped together showing the two side pieces (1 & 2) and the muzzle piece (3) Note that the arrows show that the side pieces are sewn to meet in the center of the muzzle piece
Hope this helps

1pcmuzzlepattern.jpg

Sonya

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Thank you very very much, Sonya!  :hug: I really needed to get this bear done today.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help
Sonya

Now I wanna see the end product

Board footer