Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

stpetehouse.JPGHi Everyone!    I have finally landed in texas and have internet access!    I am looking forward to reading all the post from the last few weeks!   Skimmed the headings and looks like a lot of interesting things going on!

The move on  whole has been smooth.  Only a few hick-ups to speak of.   About two weeks prior to the actual move date a driver pulled out in front of me and there was no time to stop. needless to say both car were a total loss.   Air bags went off and my poor little car took the brunt of it on the front end!    Word of caution, pray that when a car pulls out in front of you it is not a mecedes!  It was like hitting a brick wall!  On the other hand yuo can be pretty confident that a driver of a mercedes has insurance!  Thank god  bear_tongue   We were both shocked to say the least, but no majr injuries to either of us!   Honda CRV is an awsome car in a crash!  It was older but took the crash like a champ!   

The other driver was trying to cross 6 lanes of traffic to go from one shopping plaza to another on a very busy street on a saturday.   Due to car in the turing lanes she never saw me coming and I certainly never saw her!   The skid marks from my car were about 6 feet long!    The impact caused my car to jump the curb, miss two trees and  a no parking sign and land in the middle of a Clerk of the Courts empty parking lot!  There was just enough room between the trees and sign for my car to fit.  There were several points to this accdent that were very positive.    The opther driver had just dropped off her kids at a store (thank god again, becuase I hit her on the passeger side door, that and I missed the trees.        I have geico and wow they were wonderful!    The adjuster settled the cliam in about 4 days due to my moving in the upcoming week.     That gave me just enough time to buy a new car.     Ended up with another Honda (pilot) the day before I left town!   

The whole relocation process has been extermly overwhelming, that along with the car accident.    The moving company showed up on a tuesday, packed the whole house by 2:00pm, the driver showed up a 1:00pm and had the everything on the truck by 9:30 pm.     It was so strange to be in the house with everything gone!    It was my very 1st house and I was in in for 10 years!    Such a good house!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=20]WOW DUFF!!!!![/size]

Thank God you weren't hurt!!!

Cars can always be replaced....legs, backs, necks, heads ( Jayne Mansfield) those are harder to replace!

[size=20]Cute little place![/size]

Is the picture of your new home or the home you left? 

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Gosh, Duff!!  What a wild few weeks!!  I'm glad you weren't hurt.  I've heard that sometimes the airbags will leave bruises...

What a darling house!!!!  Completely charming and neat as a pin!

Warmest welcome back hugs, :hug:
Aleta

Board footer