Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

OK...it started out as a normal day, then we went to the goat barn for morning feeding time, and look what we found!2006goats010a.JPGThen when we went back down for the evening feeding...look what we found!goats2006003.JPGSo, now we have 5 new baby girls & 1 new baby boy. Luna2005goats-08.jpghad the 2 girls & 1 boy first thing in the morning & Violet2006goats008.JPGhad 3 girls in the afternoon. Here is the proud papa..2006goats011.JPGBillie.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Good for you. I remember fondly going out to the barn to see the baby goats - they were my favourite. We'd bottle feed them so they loved to see us visit - actually I would keep them in the house for the first week or so.  :dance:

I remember attending on the occasional birthing problem as well - ever have your arm up a goat past the elbow! Not something I want to repeat thanks,

Marion

Adkins, Texas
MerBear wrote:

Good for you. I remember fondly going out to the barn to see the baby goats - they were my favourite. We'd bottle feed them so they loved to see us visit - actually I would keep them in the house for the first week or so.  :dance:

I remember attending on the occasional birthing problem as well - ever have your arm up a goat past the elbow! Not something I want to repeat thanks,

Marion

We have done the bottle feeding thing before...but it's so much easier to let their Mom's take care of it...we just try to spend as much time as possible playing with the babies so the are really tame:) lol and we have had a couple of house goats...one baby thought my hubby Paul was it's mom...since he took care of it for several days when it was really weak.

Oh yes...we have also had the occasional birthing problems...but not in a couple of years thankfully...I have had my arm there too...and would do it again if necessary...but hopefully it won't be:)

PS...The package is in the mail!
Hugs,

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

What a surprise to have all those babies born on the same day... When I first read it I though one goat had them all ..duh..When I was growing up we had three goats  as my sister was alergic to cows milk. One goat had a talent for undoing his chain and going walk about. If goats were people I think they would be clowns.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh lucky you Charlotte!   I love goats!! bear_wub  bear_wub  They are one of my favorite animals.  We used to have two Pygmy goats and a Nubiam goat.  They were just like  dogsand would come when you called them.

Do they all have names?

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

More babies!!!  I love spring!!   bear_wub   

Susan,  bear_flower
Don't feel alone thinking that all those babies were birthed from the same goat.  I thought that at first too!  I thought, Good Lord, how did all those babies fit inside that mama goat!  They're not little critters, after all!!

Thank you for sharing your photos, Charlotte!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Congratulations

Adkins, Texas

Thanks so much everyone for your posts...lol It's 2 mama goats...Luna & Violet...and the babys need names still...sooo...names for 5 baby girls & 1 baby boy..I will get more pics later or tomorrow...
Hugs,

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Beautiful babies!! I love goats too bear_wub

Adkins, Texas

Update...
OK...the brown Mama "Luna" has way way too much milk...and she tends to get to the point where she won't let the babies nurse...and tonight when we went to the barn for evening chores...there was Luna...with way way too much milk...and 3 babies who she was not letting nurse...so ... milking a nanny goat whose udder is sooooo full...and touching the ground...yea right...milking is gonna be great fun....NOT...but we managed to milk over a gallon from her(which is in the frig for emergencies now)plus...took each of the 3 babies...who were getting pretty weak..to mama at the milking stand...and helped them suckle(you have to tap tap tap their sides to keep them stimulated at this point & squirt milk in their mouths)and they got enough milk so they were falling asleep...so now...it's just wait & see what tomorrow brings! We have the bottles & milk if need be...

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Goats are so cute.... I love Boer goats are yours a particular breed?

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

What a lovely surprise Charlotte!!!!!!! :hug:  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Cute, I love goats, congratulations.  :clap:

Adkins, Texas

Luna, the brown mama is nubian, Violet the other mama is nubian & la mancha, and the babies dad is Alpine...lol rather mixed I guess:)

Board footer