Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Does anyone know anything about the 'International Austrian Teddy Bear show'? Have any of you exhibited or

visited the show? I would to hear love anything about this show, which is held in October.

Thanks Jane.  bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Jane, well, nope, didn´t know anything about it, but I was curious and found this site:
http://www.machl.at/em/bears.php
If you need any translation, just let me know!
And also let me know, if you´re going to attend it!!! bear_grin

Have a great evening
Gaby bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Ok Jane and whoever.
Helmut and Sylvia Machl have been running this show for the past few years, although it first took place in Vienna at the Marriott Hotel.In Vienna it was very popular and well attended. Linz is another story, as it is a small town. They moved over about 2/3 years ago, having a show in March and the one now in October. They also run a competition and the overhall  prize is the large Swarovski Grissly Bear- a superb prize to win.
The show takes place in the Novotel Hotel, and the Hotel offers a discount. It is your typical business hotel, clean, small, and has a restaurant and bar. Just outside the hotel, you catch a tram which takes you into the main shopping area.One main street.

The show is well organised, and is for TEDDY BEAR ARTISTS, I always go to the March show as I combine Wiesbaden and this show as they follow each other, and it is practical for me to do two shows with one air ticket.Go for the experience, a new place to visit, and of course the Linz torte, (delightful cake). Do not expect to sell bears galore,if you sell that is a bonus. Do not expect anything like Huggletts or you will be horribly disappointed, this is a small show. I did write an article on the one March show which was in the UK Teddy Bear Scene and furry friends magazine.

Both Sylvia and Helmut speak English, so if you need any info, just email them, and they do have the website which you can visit for more info. The hotel provides white table cloths( check again- they did so in the past)
The show also takes place on the Sunday.

From the airport I took a taxi, it was easier for me being on my own, but you can check to see if a train is available.

Hope this helps a bit,
Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Lynette. I will chat it over with my daughter Sarah.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Lynette, cool that you´ve been to Linz!  bear_grin
I´m quite surprised, how far teddy artists travel! Wow!
When you visite Austria again, please let me know, Ißll have a Linzer cake ready for you  :cake:

Best regards from Vienna

Gaby bear_flower

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Gaby, I have been a few times to Vienna, and have a very good friend living in Graz.

I am sure you will see me there sometime in the future.

bear_original  Lynette

Board footer