Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

P1010007-Large-Web-view.jpgP1010009-Large-Web-view.jpgNot a bear exactly, but I'd like to share a gift I completed today for my husband for Father's Day.  Started it about a year ago.  The nose is sculpted with polymer clay.  The rest came to me as unpainted wood and I chose a grey mohair for the hair.  Hope you enjoy my "King Willy" nutcracker!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You're right... NOT a bear... but an absolutely amazing work of art.  Do you do painting "on the side?"  This is no first-timer's effort.

Just wonderful!  I'm sure he'll love it!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

WOW! A great fantastic work!  bear_thumb  Your husband will be very happy!!!  bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh wow Connie!!! 

[size=22]FANTABULOUS[/size]

I collect nutcrackers-started it when I lived in Germany and yours, hands down, is the most beautiful I have ever seen!

How Tall is His Royalness?

right now I'm wishing I was married to you!

f025.gif

d

i

l

u

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

That is so cool!  I love it.  Now I have to get on the ball and get my husband something before Sunday.  I haven't a clue.

juliah Bracken Bears
Suffolk
Website

Hi Connie

What a beautiful and original gift.  You have done a fantastic job.   bear_thumb

Julia

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

He is wonderful Connie - your husband will be thrilled.  What a marvelous gift.

Jane P.

sarahjane Brisbane

wow...fantastic, I love nutcrackers  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

bear_thumb Well done Connie,
He is just gorgeous.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Like Sarahjane and Dilu, I love nutcrackers. bear_wub
It must have taken hours of work ... the detail is superb.
I'm sure your hubby will love it as much as we all do.
Big  :hug:
Sandi

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is wonderful!!! You are very talented!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh how gorgeous!  That is the most wonderful nutcracker I've ever seen!! (and having lived in Germany, I've seen a lot of nutcrackers!!)

Kimberly W.

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Wow, Connie--he is just fabulous! bear_wub The painting and detail are exquisite. It must have taken you forever!! Thanks so much for sharing him with us. Your husband will love him!

Debora

K Pawz Guest

WOW!!!!!!!!!  :clap:

Hugs,
Krista

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I have no words! Just outstanding!

Many Hugs Louise

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Hello everyone and thanks for all the wonderful comments on my nutcracker.  I hope it is OK with everyone that I posted a non-bear.  I was just so excited when I finished that I had to share him with someone!  To answer the questions, I have been painting for about 5 years, off and on.  I've taken a few classes but mostly am self-taught.  The reason this nutcracker took me so long to finish is because I start things and get bored and put them aside and then pick them up again to finish later.  But there are many steps and layers in painting this particular piece, and it did take many hours.  He is big - about 24 inches tall.  I modelled the nose after my dad.  That is why I call him King Willie!  Thanks again for looking, everyone!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW! its totally, absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What spectacular talent!! :clap:  :clap:
Wendy bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

You are forgiven to show us a non-bear piece of art!

This nutcracker is brilliant!
Fantabulous as Dilu said and just gorgeous!

Your hubby is really lucky to have such a great wife!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

ylc Y Daydream? Designs
Spotsylvania, VA

WOW Connie your nutcracker is absolutely fantastic!! It is really a wonderful piece of art. You did an awesome job on him!!

Hugs
Yvette

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Connie there are no words to describe how perfect and outstanding your nutcracker is.  I do a little tole painting and I can only imagine how many millions of hours he must have takenn.  You work is just unbelievable.  I am in awe.  Thanks for sharing !  bear_wub

Board footer