Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I missed the Paris Bear Show by just a couple of days but must admit that I more than made up for it by all the Monet paintings I saw. ( The Paris show does look as if it was wonderful...congratulations to all concerned) After eight days in Paris we went to Basel where i did make time to visit the Puppenhausmuseum. Just loved it but was a little sad that I was unable to use a camera. I thought, no matter I will buy their book.....no book. What a lost opportunity for them . I am sure they would sell thousands.
       Drove through Germany and was able to visit Steiff and see their new museum. I had seen the old one a couple of years ago. What a wonderful museum. They are able to tell the story of Steiff and the history of the time to appeal to both children and adults. I was able to take lots of photo's. While I loved this museum i wished they could have also kept the old one which was also splendid...I guess they only have so many bears to display. I did purchase one mohair Steiff (not five like last time), plus a couple of cute llittle plush bears for little family members...their first Steiffs. Yes I am doing my bit to encourage then to become bear collectors.
     Now it is back to Winter in Australia. housework, the gym and fortunatly a couple of bear orders to help save for the next trip.Apart from a case ful of washing, I returned with fresh ideas which I joted down as they came to mind. Now I just have to find the time to work on my ideas.
I think the measure of a good holiday is being happy to return home...and it is great  to be back in Australia.
Susan

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Susan

welcome-to-the-group_spring-froggie_lavender.jpg

:hug: welcome back :hug:
IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A FABULOUS TIME  bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sounds like you had a great trip!   bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Welcome back Susan, sounds like a fabulous holiday, I am jealous, do you have any photos to show us?

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

What a fantabulous trip you must have done, Susan!

I am glad you enjoyed it!

That's a shame you missed the teddy bear show in Paris but beleive me, your case would not have been big enough for all the bears you would have not resist to buy!!!

So hard to resist them!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, i forgot: please, post some pics of the Steiff Museum!  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

I will try to post a few photos but remember I am a computer dummy. I may be able to get my husband to do it for me once we catch up with many other tasks....(end of financial year etc) . Hopefully they will be worth waiting for.
Susan

Board footer