Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I won't bore you guys with a long post but there are things going on with in my family and I need stress release ideas.  I am at wits end!  Drama stinks!

Erin,  I was married in La Jolla at the mormon Temple.  Renae,  I agree drama is best when its onstage! bear_rolleyes   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I agree, Drama stinks!  Life is too short.  Going for a long walk helps me.  I love to smell the fresh air..clears my head.

I also agree with Renae, drama is best left on stage!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

A bath, deep and warm with scented candles and your favourite music.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Jenn!!!   :hug:

What I do in a time like that... is to do something for a day that I've always wanted to do... but have put off because I knew I had other things that I needed to take care of. 

For me it may be.... going to a movie, to the mall with my daughter, spending the day with my best friend, making candles (which is one of my hobbies)..... you get the idea....something you love to do but always figure you don't have time to do it.    :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I know its most probably the wrong reason for shopping

g100.gif

But I simply adore retail therapy

I do mine online and it can last for days while I search and compare and get transported to a new world

Another thing fun to do is bidding on things on e-bay- I look for something sweet but cheap-last time I won several beautiful cut crystal tooth pick holders-$10.00 bucks each but ever so much fun-we had a bidding war.  I use them for holding pins around the house when I am sewing.

k055.gif

Massage-can't be beat-when I was working full time I endulged every week.

floating in the pool-eyes closed, wind blowing, birds singing,ahhhh very very relaxing

n030.gif

I love gardening.... h074.gif There is something relaxing about watching things grow

s020.gif

n010.gif

h040.gif

There are so many fun ways to feel better hon.....be careful with the chocolate-don't want to put on extra pounds....when you are young and use chocolate for stress and don't realize that life is full of stress you can find yourself putting on weight! 

c027.gif

h025.gif

exercise!  Yep I know....counter intuitive-but I always feel better after 30 min of yoga, or walking 1/2 a mile.....it used to be 4-5 miles, but I am not back to that yet....

r060.gif

Did you get the patterns I sent?  Are you making anything?

n080.gif

Yes Dilu I got the patterns and I am trying.  I think I will take my pooches on a walk tonight.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Okay... Here's what I do.....

http://www.duirwaighgallery.com/inspiration_aknock.htm

Now... I'm NOT a "Duirwaigh pusher," I swear... I've never even ordered anything from them!  But I just love the music and artwork in this little movie.  Whenever I view it I feel like my mind is clear, I'm alive and refreshed!  Worth a try! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I've had a few funny days where other people were putting their stress onto me, friends falling out and me in the middle, so last night I had one (honest!) glass of wine, read some of my book and was looking at old photos of my grandparents and when I was little. Nice reminders of being young. I went bed a liitle bit more chilled out.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Amanda, that's my kind of stress relief too...

I've had an odd day today and am feeling a bit fragile. So I'll probably curl up with my book later and let it transport me to a different place. Just for a while. Sometimes we need to find ways to replenish our energy....

Jenn, I hope you find something that works for you  :hug:

Board footer