Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Have you ever done something really stupid?  Something so stupid, you could kick yourself?  bear_shocked

I have.  I had an order that was due to be posted tomorrow, so I have been working diligently on it today.  So diligently I even made the bear a spare left arm ...

Now I have no fabric left to make a right arm, egg on my face and a panic to deal with!  bear_cry

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Hi Paula, yes I can feel with you!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

This happend to me too some time ago.  bear_sad  Since that time, I always look, that I have some of the fabric left when I make a bear what is ordered  bear_original  and hope that it not will happen again!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Paula, It is SO good to know I am not the only one! I hate to admit how many times I have done just that very thing!
Sonya

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Yep Paula - I've made some doozy mistakes.  I dyed my first piece of mohair last week.  Put the pattern on it to make sure it was big enough - even left some to spare, but after dying it three times, it shrunk enough that the pattern no longer fit, so I had to reduce it so I could cut it out.  My 8 inch bear became a 6 inch bear!  It came out fine thought and I loved it.  Good luck with your challenge!

hugs,

Brenda

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I haven't made an extra arm because I can't make bears, but I have done silly things before.  I hope you figure out what to do. 

I've never heard the word plonker before and thought it was funny!   :crackup:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

oh geeez, done that before, ummm yes! :doh:
hope your order customer is understanding and will give you more time.  They are usually wonderful when you explain.  Now a time machine would be just what you need!  Good Luck!!! 
xo sarah

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

<tee hee>  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  <giggling>

Paula, you're NOT a plonker (and thanks to Sue at PEGGOTY for explaining to me what that means.)

You're just... thinking ahead to your next bear.

bear_innocent  bear_rolleyes  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Kent
Website

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Oh believe me Shelli, I can be a right plonker from time to time!  Thank Sue for the translation please - I didn't realise it wasn't used over there!!  For those of you who aren't sure, I think you'll guess that a plonker isn't too bright!

There used to be a fabulous show here in the UK called 'Only fools and horse' (has it made it's way to the US yet?) In it 'Del boy' (an ageing wideboy) and 'Rodney', his younger brother, get up to all kinds of mischief and Del always refers to Rodney as 'you plonker', when poor old Rodney gets something wrong!  bear_grin

I have to thank Johnna for her help with my fabric problem.  She has been my shining star this week and thanks to her kind heart, my bear will have a right arm very soon and his new owner won't have much longer to wait for him!  Phew!!  What a relief!!!

Daft thing is, the fabric is in the US, has to fly to me in the UK, only to be sent back as a bear to the US!!!  :crackup:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I think everyone has made some sort of mistake like cutting out fur wrong etc but you always seem to do this when you are on a time limit or that was the only bit of fur you had for that bear!!I am glad the panic is over so hopefully problem solved.
Laurie :hug:

Kent
Website
Lisa wrote:

yep a plonker indeed..do it all the time Paula..perhaps we can send each other the other arm or leg we need! (lol)... :crackup:

Now there's my solution!!  D'you reckon anyone would notice???  :crackup:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Oh Paula,
I'VE DONE THIS TOO TWICE BEFORE :crackup:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Oh yes, I do lots of plonkerish things too :redface:

Last week I threw £40 in the bin by mistake - fortunately I realised before I emptied the bin outside. I also bought some Fathers day cards in town and when my girls came to write them I realised that I'd forgotten to pick up the envelopes  too.

I've done the cutting out too many limbs as well and left myself short on mohair   GGrrrr

Paula....you are in good company bear_thumb

:hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:doh:  :doh: Yep been there Paula. Did it to a leg. 3 pieces the same direction only one the other way. bear_grin No more fabric left to fix it. Had to wait until I ordered more fabric.  bear_grin
We use Plonker over  'ere . My brother is for ever calling everyone a plonker. bear_grin
Wendy :doh:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

bear_grin  bear_grin Paula, I too have done that with one of my bear's legs.  Hopefully your buyer will be of the "bear" type and be understanding.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh!  Oh!  Now that you mention it, just this last bear of mine, SUNNIE, I got an ear all trimmed, sewn, turned, and stitched at the bottom... and then, it magically disappeared.  I looked and looked and looked and looked and finally concluded that what MUST have happened is that it must have fallen into my lap while I was stuffing SUNNIE, into the huge pile of stuffing... and that then, while grabbing massive handfuls of polyfil (yeesh, but doesn't it take so much more than you'd imagine, to fill a bear,) I must have stuffed it right into her belly! 

See, I can be a plonker too!  Didn't even remember that til just now.

bear_original

Kent
Website

Oops Shelli!  You too eh?   bear_tongue

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Paula I did the same thing - litterally 2 left feet (legs) !!!!!  Fortunately Intercal had some more of that mohair and got it to me FAST!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwwww

g020.gif

Yep we have all done it......

I was stressed before surgery and laid out patterns on some of Stephanies mini sherbert stuff and got the furr all wrong.....I decided to brazen it out and pretend I did it on purpose!

h015.gif

Kent
Website

I like your style Dilu!!  bear_grin

Melanie,
     You poor wee thing!  You've had a tough week - things can only improve LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Kent
Website

Thursday .......... I burned my stomach on the iron  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Outstanding Melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Er, dare I ask how?  bear_grin

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh I definitely have one!!!!  Extremely plonkerish!  I had a 4x6 inch scrap of some gorgeous dense vintage long pile in a fun pale kiwi color that I thought would be gorgeous for a wee butterfly bear.... Well... I thought I'd do her sitting, with bent legs. So I'm tracing away... and I get to the legs.... I have one bent leg all traced out, but lo and behold... I can't get the other two pieces of leg to fit on!!!!!  The bent leg pattern pieces really take up so much more fabric to fit them in.... but guess what, my straight leg pattern fit just beautifully!  So, my newest little butterfly girl, Mariposa, has one bent leg and one straight!  And I LOVE it!!!!!!  It's a mistake I'll be sure to make again... this time ON PURPOSE!   bear_thumb  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Oh Kim, that's so cool - I love mistakes like that!  :crackup:  Mariposa is gorgeous too,

hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwwww  Melanie Jayne!!! b006g.gif

You have had a rough one.... d020.gif .I can't quite figure out the iron thing, but maybe its because I only wear stuff that  neads no ironing. g050.gif

Please be careful with yourself.....Are you left handed by any chance?

b008.gif

Board footer