Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I am so mad right now I could absolutely scream.  I absolutely fell in love with Shelli's latest bear and decided I was going to win that bear if it killed me.  I've lost so many auctions with last minute bidders that I've become one myself.  So all week I've been waiting impatiently I might add for  6:30ish pm PST to arrive so I could log on a bid at the last possible moment.

bear_cry   bear_cry  I CAN'T LOG INTO EBAY TONIGHT  bear_cry   bear_cry

I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying and just get a stupid error message.   Someone else won MY bear.

I'm throwing a temper tantrum RIGHT NOW!!!!

Shantell
Madder than Mad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AWWW Shantell bear_sad  Here is a big hug for you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, I've been away all weekend (Friday thru Sunday) to SF for some family events.  First, Shantell, thank you for your interest in my work!  If you're going to show it publicly, the least I can do is thank you for it publicly.

Second, I'm really sorry that on that particular evening eBay chose not to cooperate.  That's happened to me on an occasion or two.  Very frustrating, because I really stick to my statement that my auctions ALWAYS end on Sunday at 7PST.  So that means if I'm running up against a deadline and want to post a bear on a particular day, eBay has to be "working" or I end up "losing" some auction run time.  Does that make sense?  If I'm trying to post a Tuesday auction (5 day) and I go past 7pm Tuesday night because of an eBay glitch, then -- in order to end on a Sunday -- I have to run a 3-day auction (starting THURSDAY night, two days later) to end Sunday at 7PST.  I know, I'm not saying this well; I'm tired.  I'm sure you get the picture.

Mostly, I'm grateful and sad, both, for what you've shared here.  Thanks to everyone else for their sympathies.  The good news is that I have a lovely buyer for SUNNIE and I'm delighted at her sale.

:hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh Shantell, that is too bad - how disappointing for you! Where we live I can only get dial up so often get booted off the internet, or can't get on, so I have learned to bid early on anything I really want. Even then I have frequently forgotten to go back and check on things (or gotten the end time mixed up) and ended up losing out over it - so frustrating, so I can totally sympathize with you!
Bear hugs , Edie

sarahjane Brisbane

Awww Shantelle I can sympathise with you it's sooo frustrating when that happens  :twisted:  just makes you want to kick the computer across the room!!!

Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm thrilled for you Shelli.  Obviously, Sunnie was meant to go to your new buyer and for that I'm happy.  It also means there must be a future Potbelly Bear with my name on it just waiting to be born.  bear_wub

I'm done with my temper tantrum (a few tears included...I'm such a spoiled brat).   bear_tongue

Thank you everyone for letting me share my moments of childlike behavior.  Okay I have them often...childlike behavior not necessarily in the form of a temper tantrum though.   bear_innocent

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh sorry Shantell - what a huge bummer bear_sad  Here's a  :hug:   I hope you stop pouting, but now you can just imagine that perfect bear in the future  with a potbelly that will be calling your name.... perhaps you'll love this one even more than this one!

Danni

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shantell, I'd be crying too  compumad.gif.  Doesn't that make you so angry.  I bet there will be a other Potbelly bear that you love even more, just waiting to live with you.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
shantell wrote:

.  It also means there must be a future Potbelly Bear with my name on it just waiting to be born.  :love:

Oh how insanely frustrating Shantell!!!!!!  I think you are dead on in your comment above though.... as frustrating as it may be.... I think you are RIGHT!  Maybe the next that pops up will be even MORE appealing to you!   :hug:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thank you everyone for all the hugs and comforting.  I like to say I'm done pouting but I'm really not.   bear_wub   Oh well....

Some things are  just not meant to be when you want them to...this too shall pass.

bear_flower

Board footer