Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Bouquet1-2.jpgTomorrow we are having an open house (yes, we are still trying to sell our house).  I forgot to buy flowers when I was downtown today, and was miffed at myself. When I was watering the garden tonight, I realized that I had enough to make a small bouquet of my own from the garden.  I'm really pleased.  Tomorrow I will add pink and white lupins as I find they droop really quickly.  So if anyone out there wants to make a wish that we find a buyer tomorrow, that would be nice.  LOL! 

Hugs,

Brenda

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
thumperantiques wrote:

So if anyone out there wants to make a wish that we find a buyer tomorrow, that would be nice. LOL!

Saying a little wish for you! bear_flower
~Chrissi (up way to late doing a comissioned bear!)

PS...my mom always swore by baking bread (or cookies) the day of an open house...something about that homey warm and fuzzy feeling people get with fresh baked goods.  As long as it didn't burn, I guess it couldn't hurt!! & Those supermarket tubes of cookies are just as good as any!

Chrissi,
     I'm way ahead of you - I already have shortbread batter in the fridge.  I have shortbread molds that make them come out all pretty.  They only take 20 minutes and I can have a batch ready for the open house. 

Renae - Thanks for the nice compliments on my bouquet.  I'm going to have to do it more often, just for me!  I wish you could buy my house - I wish someone would.  All of a sudden half of the freaking subdivision is up for sale, (no kidding).  I'll take all the wishes I can get.

hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Good luck Brenda. I know just how stressful selling house can be. Let's hope you are as lucky as we were with selling our last house. The guy walked in the first room and said "I'll buy it" He did and we exchanged contracts very quickly. The flowers look great and I'm sure the smell of the baking with help.

hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Brenda,
fresh flowers, cookies baking that always makes it feel so much nicer.
When I was abuyer it made it feel like someone actually liked the house even if it was juist a gimmick LOL
(not saying you are like that)  bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Brenda I'm sending lots of "buy this house" wishes your way!!!!!  We had our house up for sale at Christmas time... and yes, I used to bake cookies bear_original  And Chrissie... yes!  I used the tubes of cookie dough from the supermarket!  bear_grin

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Best of Luck, Brenda!  Selling houses can be so stressful, so I hope your open house turns out well!!  And what a lovely bouquet, I really like those tall, pale green ones with the purple flowers on them. What are those? I want to grow some!

(In the fall or winter) we lit my dad's fireplace in their house and it seemed like the house sold in no time!

Kimberly W.

Thanks everyone, for the good wishes.  I hope it works.  There are actually 4 open houses in our area of the subdivision, so I hope that draws people out here.  I finally decided to put the A/C on, even though it's a gorgeous, breezy day here - saves them from asking if we have it. 

Kim, the tall grey/green ones with the pink flowers are called Lambs Ear.  I love them - the foliage is actually fuzzy and extremely soft and if almost feels like fur.  They are  more of a silver colour and they give the garden a nice contrast, next to all the green.  They are perennials and very hardy.

hugs,

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

fingers and toes crossed for you!

Hi Renae,
     There were 5 couples through, and in this area that's not bad.  One seemed keen, and another seemed to like it, but the other three couples didn't say to much - have to wait and see. 

hugs,

Brenda

At least I didn't have to be the one to sit here - we have a real estate agent.  Actually it was a "fill in" as our agent was at another location and I really liked him better than our agent -oops LOL!  It doesn't bother me if people want to look in cupboards and closets but but I have about a dozen of my best artist bears and german candy containers still on display in a cabinet.  I was a little worried about children opening the cabinet (no lock!) until hubby came up with a solution - he just put the wide clear cellophane tape at the very top of the cupboard and presto - instant lock and it's not noticable at all! 

hugs,

Brenda

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Brenda,

Thanks, I think I'll be planting some of those.... :)

Kimberly W.

Board footer