Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I washed my TT T-shirt

I use Ivory Snow.    I use hot water, about 30 seconds, to disolve the soap.  Then I switch to cold.  This is just routine.

I dried on warm-delicates.   Yeah- I should have used the line-but most of us will be using the dryer this winter.

s030.gif

The shirt shrank in lenght 1.5-2"

in width  about 3/4" r055.gif

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Ah, Dilu, in true TT spirit, the t-shirt is subjected to testing.  :crackup: I received mine today, faster than expected, and will wash it tomorrow. I'll use the line though, not the drier as I never put any of my cotton in the dryer. But then our drier has only hot and really hot or tumble without any heating.  bear_wacko

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you, Dilu! Care to do my laundry??? If I can't wash it and dry it as easily as possible I don't buy it! I own all of 3 things that ever need ironing. I HATE ironing!!! I even hate that part of quilting most!! Next to bindings but that's another story!

Anyway, I washed my way totally humongus XL t-shirt in the warm/cold cycle and put it through the dryer on whate ever the timed dry setting temp is (don't I sound so un-domesticated today!!) and it shrunk about the same amount at yours did.  :crackup: (I'll admit I didn't get out the measuring tape but judging by how it fit I'd say it shrunk an inch or so all the way around.)

It's still night shirt sized for me!  :dance:  So I am going to order another in a smaller size!  :dance:  It's like stumbling across a pair of pants in a store, trying on your normal size and finding that they are too big... only because they are cut big to begin with but because you get to go down to a size smaller than you normally take it makes you feel so awesome!!  :crackup:

I hate doing bindings on quilts too

yuck!!!!!

Don't blame you a bit

I love ironing the blocks though.....next to golly clothing its the only ironing I do.

My 5 church dresses are dry clean only-and we haven't a dry cleaner so I only wear them to church, change the instant I come in the door ( at home!!!, sheesh.....)  That way they only go to the dry cleaners in town once in a while....

I never iron either.....hate it.....except those beautiful blocks.....that is a pleasure....

d020.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You've got me there.... it's rewarding to press the blocks, IF they come out square!!! I hold my breath!
Ironing freshly washed fabric to be chopped up and stitched up is so time consumming though.
Ah, not every step of the process can be fun though. It's like sewing on ears or eyes on noses...we've all got something that we dislike doing but the end result makes it all worth it.

Now ironing clothes just seems silly! You are just going to sit in them and wrinkle them all up so what's the point??? And then throw them in the washer again. I guess that's it... knowing that next week, atfer ironing and wearing said article of clothing I'm just going to wash it and iron it and wear it and wrinkle it all over again.

I suppose one LOOKS neater on the outside if their clothes are freshly pressed. I do understand. So what does being a jeans and t-shirt gal mean??? Other than I hate to iron!

Can't believe I just wrote a whole post on the topic of ironing! And I didn't even touch on those with a need to iron sheets and jeans! (MOM!!)  :crackup:

I really do have much better things to do and am going to go do them. Right now!

Bye!!!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I love ironing those quilt blocks...ESPECIALLY the ones that are the kaleidoscope (stack & whack) ones...it's like opening a christmas present!!!

And call me sick...but I actually like sewing the binding.  I hand sew the last step all around...I just like the feel of it in my lap especially when I use to have indoors kitties that like to help.

NO....you can't send me your bindings!!!   bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

NO....you can't send me your bindings!!!

Am I that predicatble????? Shucks!
But I'll pay you in bears and chocolate!!  :pray:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: so funny

I hate ironing too!!! (anything even quilt blocks!!!)

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

quilt blocks get ironed?  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:

Shantelli, I hand sew the back binding too......I can't belive it.....

Daphne, my mom in law was stunned that I didn't iron the hubs underwear...(briefs not boxers, but she didn't know) because she ironed her hubbies.
d015.gif
Now that's a hoot!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu... that's REALLY going over board... the ironing board that is!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

:crackup:  :crackup:  d050.gif  :crackup:  :crackup:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

ironing.gif  Ironing ??? What is that ????   :crackup:

Board footer