Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

My mom and I work together so it was no surprise when she called me before work.  It was bad news this time.  our 16 yr old cat would need to be put down.  We got the cat as a baby and he was part of the family.  My dad is a mess. I just needed to put this into words.  I grew up with Trick.

nettie scotland
Website

Oh dear,I am very sad for you.16 years is a long time.
Dianexxx

LuckyPennyBears Lucky Penny Bears
MA

I've always had a very tough time when one of my pets dies or has to be put to sleep. May your kitty RIP, chasing butterflies and lounging in the sun in kitty heaven. bear_innocent

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jenn,

I know how that feels.  My own parents have been going through the loss of their "babies" the last few years.  Each and everyone very painful.  I still remember losing my first dog and how heartbroken I was.

Big hugs to you...
Shantell

This kitty wouldnt come near me when I first got married because he thought I left him.  He used to sleep with me.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Awwwww Jenn  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Hope you all feel better soon.... :hug:

Thanks guys :hug:

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

I am so sorry for your family Jenn.  Our pets are truly family members and given all the love afforded to all of our other family members.  Here is a site that might give you some comfort. Hope this helps  bear_cry

http://www.rainbowbridge.cuddlecreek.com/

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I still miss Emme, who had to be put down just last summer.  It's really a big loss.  I feel for you, hun.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hugs to you Jenn.  We nearly lost our cat last year when she was hit by a car and I was such a mess.  It is so hard to let a pet go , they are such a huge part of your life.  I feel so sad for you  bear_cry

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Jenn it is awful when a family pet has to be put down .... I really do feel for you ... sending hugsss :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Jenn,
It is so hard to say good bye to our pets as we don't think of them as amimals, they are family. I know how you feel as we had to make the decision to have our 19 year old cat put to sleep. It is a brave thing to do and so heart breaking.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Cheers Susan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  I totally understand, Jenn . . . it's awful!  Big hugs . . .  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I haven't cried yet.... Can't allow my class to see me like that  I will plant something as a memorial at my parents place. Any ideas on what to plant for those of you who live in California?

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I am so sorry to hear about
your family cat...
16years old is very long life and it must be very painful to say good bye...

hugs
Marie

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Jenn, honey, that's so sad!

I think the most important for you will be to remember all these beautiful years the cat enjoyed in his happy life in his beloved familly!
This cat had the chance to be loved for 16 years! That's a lot! He was a lucky cat.
Maybe your parents should consider having a new cat after he is gone to help them feel better. a new baby cat will never replace the beloved one but will keep their mind busy somewhere else, if you see what I mean...

I send you and your parents lots of love.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Jenn I am so sorry  :hug:   I totally understand... my fur kids are family just like people are.    It is SO hard.  Big fuzzy hugs to you sweetheart!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah Jen...I know just how you feel.  We lost our beloved kitty just a short time ago.  They sure touch our lives and you'll always have sweet memories to hold onto. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_cry  bear_cry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_cry

Board footer