Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Reggie3.jpgReggie2.jpgReggie1.jpgFor those that dont know. My wee Budgie Elliott died 2 weeks ago. I was so upset I could barely think straight.
Because I suffer from Fibromyalgia I found that exercising the grief away was out of the question.
So I knew that another wee bird was going to come into my life. I just wasnt quite ready to come so quick.
Wee Reggie is my new bird. He is 4 months old. Hand reared by the breeder. He is a 'white face cockatiel'.
Friends have been asking for pics. This afternoon I thought I would give it a go and give him a photo shoot.
He was more interested in what I was doing that taking a good shot looked like it was out of the question, till I gave him a bickie. That turned his attention. hahah He is scrawny and has a half chewed tail. His siblings did that. He is really cuddly and affectionate.  He is not my Elliott but he is a wee baby in his own right.
AND I love him :hug:  So here are the pics..............

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Sorry to hear about Elliott.Little Reggie is just great so hopefully he will help to fill the big space that you had. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh Wendy so cute. Reggie looks like he will inspire you to create more of those whimsical creatures you do so well.  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lovely, lovely little cockatiel, Wendy!  Adorable!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've never had a bird but I've read that Cockatiels are incredibly smart and friendly and not too noisy -- like Conures can be, for example -- and that some of them even talk!

He's really cute and I'll bet a real performer.  You'll have to keep us up to date with pix of his antics as he grows.

I'm glad you have a new friend to enjoy!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm so sorry to hear about Elliott ,warm, gentle hugs  :hug:   :hug:
How wonderful that you have been blessed with a new friend!!  bear_wub   bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Reggie is a cutie, Wendy!

I wonder if he will be doing kisses to your bears like Elliot used to do!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

sarahjane Brisbane

Awwww he's so cute...I hope he helps you fill that space... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That is so funny. too cute. We have a cockatiel, NOAH. We too got him as a tiny scruffy baby. My husband wanted him soooo bad it was when he was sick so I said yes. We kept him next tohis side of the bed. ( seeing how that was where my husband was) The bird is now twelve and only loves my husband, will only come to me if he is not around. They are very one person birds.
Hugs to you Wendy and Reggie,
Kathy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou everyone , I'm quite humbled by your warm thoughts.   :hug:  :hug:
Renae, these were the only pics that werent toooo blured by his movement. There is one pic that shows how few feathers he has on his neck, but that looked so ugly I decided not to post it. hahahah
I would be pleased to keep you all updated by his progress. I find birds fascinating. 
Reggie has such a need for company that he is almost always on my shoulder. He snuggles into my neck and falls asleep. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute bear_grin
Wendy :thumbsup:

Kathy, post us a pic of your wee cockatiel!!
Anyone else have a pic of their birds?

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wendy I'm sorry about Elliot  :hug:  What a pretty new little guy tho.  I'm glad he has come into your life  bear_flower
xo Sarah

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Wendy I am so sorry that you lost your budgie Elliot...... it is sad when they go... and Reggie is so cute .. I know he will bring you alot of joy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Wendy, he is adorable. I too had a Cockatiel, his name was Freddy. Freddy was a fantastic little chap that kept me on my toes. he learnt to copy the sound of the phone so well that I was always lifting the receiver to speak when there was no real call. He made us all so very happy to have him as part of our family. Sadly we lost our dear Freddy two years ago but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the memories of our funny little bird. Enjoy Wee Reggie I just know you will have a fantastic time with him!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Wendy!

YES! A cockatiel! I would sing their praises to the moon if I could!  Let me tell you about our "Bella"  We got Bella from the pet shop - originally wanted  a handraised cockatiel but couldn't find one, went to a petshop - found Bella. He wasn't handraised, but we opted for him anyhow.  We tamed him VERY quickly - he was the BEST bird you would ever meet!

He would play BOO!  He would bop down, jump up and say BO! Or you'd walk into the room and he'd BOO you and to play along, you'd scream.  Bella would get such a kick out of this, he would sing "Go Bella Go Bella!!!!"  He was incredible! He would compose his own music, try to teach us, then when we'd get it wrong, he's growl at us.  It was getting so long, that he'd add bit during the days, and then growl at himself when he got his peice of music wrong and start all over again!!!!!!!!  When we'd tell him it was time for bed he'd say NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOO!  He'd ask " You OK?"  Or say I love you, or make kissy noises when he'd want a kiss. 

I know some of you probably don't belive me - but it's true!!!!!!!!  He was amazing.  Sadly  he was taken from us at only one and a half years old  bear_cry    bear_cry     bear_cry     It has been one of the hardest lost when it comes to loosing pets bear_sad We got another Cockatiel, who turned out to be a girl, and not nearly as clever, so we got her two friends....
THEN we were at the pet shop three weeks ago.. there was a little boy cockatiel who stole our hearts - jumping over the other birds to talk to us.  We went home without him, then the next day went back to got him.  LIttle Rocky isn't turning out to be a clever chook - says hello, wolf whistles, LOVES to say Physco while going physco (too funny) and is really another incredible bird.

Glad I could share with you all the memory of Bella - Wendy I'm so happy that you have a cockatiel - I'm sure he'll bring you many hours of joy.  They are really kids that never grow up -great for anyone who loves to play to goat - I think he'll suit you down to a Tee Wendy!! L  bear_grin    bear_tongue

Danni

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Wendy bear_original  I don't have a bird, but like you, i suffer from Fibromyalgia since 13 years now. It's a crazy thing to do not have just one day at a week withought suffering. I saw many doctors and they just don't really know why this pain begin and how to treat it. My new doctor since 4 years found me a new medication wich stop the pain for some hours and i have to take 1 tablet or 2 each day. If i don't do so, i feel the pain in all my body except the head and i feel tired.It made be depressed for years before this medication. I hope that you are well treated. Your bird is so cute bear_original Hugs, Irene

Board footer