Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I just subscribed today to Teddy Bear Scene.  And it only cost me ten million dollars to get twelve months of a UK mag sent across the Atlantic to northern California.  I'm coming after all of you if I end up disappointed...  (not really, laughing here; I'm sure it's a great magazine and look forward to my first issue in October.  I've literally never even seen a copy; I doubt it's reliably available here.)

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

It is a fantastic magazine Shelli.  I love it.  Too expensive for me to subscribe though, so I have a standing order (along with a bizziloin copies of different bear magazines)
I'm sure you will enjoy it.  I think it's one of the best!

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Okay, maybe it's just that it's after 1o'clock in the morning here, but I don't understand what you just wrote, Danni.  You don't have a subscription, but you have a standing order?  What's that?  You mean, like, at a local newsstand?  They save you a copy?  Huh?  What?  Is it morning yet?

YES, I'm up working on a bear.   Typical.

Grins,

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I'm happy for you Danni and i know what you can be your feelings because i also have a clothdoll published in the last Patti Medaris Culea book.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Well done Danni!!! What a cofidence booster for you! I'm sure Bernard will go fast now!
Congrats to you too Irene...would love to see a scan of your article too!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh very well done Danni  He's just a doll!!

Australia

THanks everyone for the congratulations - I appreciate it!

Shelli, I thought a standing order was a universal term, I appologise.  Standing order means that when the magazine comes in (they will always order it for me) they put it away in my own little file, and call me so I know it's there!

Danni

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Danni, well done.  And go Aussies.   Sorry I had to say it.   bear_laugh

Australia

Aussie Aussie Aussie...oi oi oi..

Sorry, I just had to type it..hehe

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hehehehehehe     bear_laugh    What an honour well done.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

poupee2-002reduit.jpgpoupee2-001reduit.jpgThank you Harley. Here is a photo of my doll in Patti's book

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh wow Irene!  She's fabulous!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Congratulations Danni,you must be so proud. bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Irene,I noticed on another thread that you make soft sculpture dolls so I browsed your sight.They are wonderful.I started making cloth dolls the same time as bears but I spent more time on bears and don't have any cloth dolls to show right now.I was very excited when I saw your posting about the book.I just bought the book this past week,I love your doll. I am inspired to work on my dolls again.
Hugs and blessings,Shari.

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Thank you Laura and shari. I've began by making cloth dolls 3 years ago and i really love that, but since i decided to built my little business, i'm more a bearmaker. Working for cleaning, house, built the garden,plus 3 childrens and my husband (another child) bear_original take many hours a day,so i don't have enougnt time to sew both dolls and bears. I'm a Patti's fan like many people and was just amazed that she asked me to design a doll for her book. Just go ahead in your doll making and send a picture bear_original If you want advices, don't hesitate to ask

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Amazing doll, Irene :D

She's beautiful--and the detail . . . wonderful!

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Oh, I was just looking at this book at BORDERS during a recent trip to San Francisco!  You've got to be fabulously talented to be included in it, Irene; I'll have to check out your site for more peeks at your work.  I'm a frustrated dollmaker at heart (honestly, I loathe sewing up little clothes; that's half the reason), who's turned to the bear side to keep that creature-creating thing alive.

Thanks so much for posting the pics.  I know that book very well.  Beautiful doll!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thank you so much Jane, for posting the pics and the story.  It was great!  Now I can enthusiastically say Hip Hip HoooooraY FOR Danni!.

Dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Absolutely STUNNING work Irene! My but what a talented and diverse bunch of people we have here!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Great work Irene.  Well done and congrats.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wao Irene, they are gorgeous !!!
thank you for posting the page :)

Hugs/Marie

Australia

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh no!!!!!!!

IRENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently went to a craft show and feel madly truley and deeply inlove with cloth dolls, I SO WANT TO MAKE ONE! Just like yours!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on being published! What a feather under your cap! We are very proud of you.

Danni

Irene Irenours-bears
France

You are all so nice ladys. Thank you to look at my work. If i can help in dollmaking, i will do so. I have many patterns and materials for dollmaking, but i just don't have time now, because i had to sew many bears to update my website and i plan to exibit in some fairs in automn and in december. I've just did one in june and i was so happy to sold 4 bears. I was also pleased to see people laughing and smiling about them. Hey danni, just go ahead in dollmaking. Im going to surf on some bearmakers site now

Pages:

Board footer