Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00625-2.JPGDSC00623-2.JPGDSC00620-2.JPGShe is done- I took your advice, one and all, and trimmed some more. I am popping her in a box and sending her off today. 

And good riddance

The Peta Princess has a b-day this month so just in time!

And like a real princess, where did I find her when I wanted to stuff her in the box?  Out in the garden, lounging by the spa.  Honestly, the patients have taken over the asylum!  That is always a scarry situation.

Nurse Ratchet signing out

Dilu

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

She turned out well!! I think the mouth has lots of character now. Good job!
Heather

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Dilu,I 'm so pleased that you finished her and her eyes look spectacular !! bear_laugh bear_laugh Wish I could make eyes like that. She reminds me a bit of a koala. You must be pleased to have her finished and on her way bear_laugh :lol:

hugs,Shari.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Dear Dilu,
                  She is so sweet.Her eyes are so appealing .I bet she is loved to bits. Youre such a worrier.

Hugs Rita xxxxx

shari- it is sooooo easy to make eyes like that.  So I know you could.  Buy some of the clear glass here at Intercall

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=203

Its where Shelli told us how she does it and it is so easy.

I use fingernail polish
sharpies
paint pens
model paint
and whatever else strikes my fancy-

I know you could do it too, therefore I challange you to-

I used the metalic as the initial coat and everything after that is just play time.... read shelli's post

I know I am supposed to make the address blue or something.....I feel like Stanley Johnson- "sombody help me"- I don't know how.....

Or you could go in the search put in 'eye painting' and Shelli
and it'll come right up.

On Princess I used the gold fingernail polish, when it was almost dry scrapped a straight pin through it and painted it purple with a paint pin.  then scrapped a nail through it again and painted it with a sharpie orange pen.  Then covered the wholething with black model paint and left it dra a long time.

And you are right, I am so glad to have her done......by by Princess.....if you get arrested for any illegal PETA stuff you are on your own!

Dilu

Wow- it turned blue on its own and all you have to do is click.  You all know I haven't a clue; I am toddeling on by the seat of my pants. :D

dilu

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Dilu I have tried and had read up on Shelli's post but did not have as nice a result as you have.I didn't know about the sharpie pen.What about enamel paint for glass and ceramic?You bake it in the oven to seal it after.
I just noticed your seat of the pants comment,your so funny Dilu,you brighten up my day and lately I can sure use that.Hugs,Shari.

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I have tried the eyes a number of times too Shari and with no luck. When I go to run the pin through the nail polish...the whole lot flakes off.:(:(:(:(

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hug,hug Hayley bear_rolleyes I'm with you all the way.

Blessings,Shari

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu, congratulations for The Peta Princess !
She got the lovely mouth there ♪
You did it , you did it !!!!!
The painted glass eyes are gorgeous !
thank you for close up pics.

Haylay, (( Hug Hug Hug )) from me too :)
I haven't try to painting on clear glass eye yet but I painted on color glass eyes and
it worked out ok...but no photo, sorry!
I scratched softly and do this before the nail polish get completely dry....
or if you are using other than nail polish
I think I am no help... :(

Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Dilu, stop being hard on the poor girl.  I think she is lovely, and the trimming was well worth it.

She's beautiful.... why oh why can't you see it?

Danni

:lol:You all listened to Marie, right?  drag the pin through just before it is dry.  You know how when you used to do your nails and it was almost dry but if you touched it it left fingerprints?  Well that about how dry :D

Finger nail polish girls stuff-universal language.  I hope

I am betting you could use the fancy paints for ceramics and glass......but I don't have patience for anything that requires the oven in this heat.  :D

And i use plain old model black paint at the end.  I use hemostats to hold the loop and since I have a lot of hemoastats from all those years in nursing, I just leave them on the each eye until it is completely dry-that way I don't have to worry

there are lots of paint pens out there and they make it pretty easy.

I think perhaps the biggest problem is waiting too little time or too long a time.  But you can take all the paint off with acetone and start over again.

Happy trying.....I am not an artist,  If I can do it you can!  i got faith in all of you! :)

Dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Well I shall try, try again Dily Doo...at least I didn't need any acetone to take it all off...it just picked off! It probably doesn't help that my eye size is 8mm..I think it would be easier on larger eyes.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Dilu, I think your bear has quite a self-satisfied grin for all the trouble she put you through!  Good for you for sticking with her and making it all work out, she is a really fun bear.  And the next bears will all seem so EASY after this one (just keep telling yourself that).

Hugs,
Kelly

Hugs right back at ya Kelly and great big gollyslobber kisses too!  You made me laugh....self satisfied grin....I think you just might be right.

Here's a laugh for all of you.  My son e-mailed his new address and I deleated it before getting it down in the address book.  Airheadedness in my dotage! :lol::lol::lol:

She gets mailed today and I hope she will be loved. ( Actually what I really hope but would never say to anyone but my 1000 nearest and dearest best bear friends is that if she breaks up with my son she sends the eyes back to me.) 

Uhhhhhh  ooopps

not my sons eyes, the bears eyes!

Hugs

Good for you Hayley and Shari and yeah I agree I wouldn't try learning on such small eyes.....too hard....I got the biggest ones Intercal had to offer, it gave me more surface area to work with.

Looking forward to the new eyes you two are going to produce!  Actually I still think there might be a market for artist bear eyes here on Intercal.  say $10.00 a pair rather than $5.00

What do you guys think?

Dilu bear_tongue

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Dilu she is adorable! Her eyes are georgeous!!!!!!!!! Love her color and little sweet face! Great job!!

Hugs Louise

Board footer