Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Well, kids, animals and hot flashes.  What an interesting combination.

When my son married and moved away, he left his dog and a donkey here.  In all fairness I must tell you that I wouldn't let him take the dog.  This dog is very attached to me.  I told his wife that she could have my son but she wasn't getting the dog.  The donkey wouldn't quite fit in the apartment.

My daughter is already telling me that when she leaves she cannot take her cat, dog and 2 horses.  Same situation, they are attached to me.

So my morning routine begins at 5:30 with cats wanting fed and a rabbit wanting to get out and run around the sun room.  From there I move right down the line to dogs, horses, more rabbits, chickens, ducks and turkeys needing breakfast.  After I have fed everything else, I can fix my own breakfast.  Now on top of all of this commotion add a hot flash or two and it can get real ugly around here.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

You are so right.....and absolutely more time than a dog or the cats.  She spends as much time on one of us as she does in her cage.
We worry about the long life thing....but there are special bird sanctuaries. 

My honey didn't know when he got her, she was a hand fed baby from central CA.  not a smugeled in bird.  He had a lot of learning to do-then when I met him I had to pass her muster too.  :)

We are really careful too because of the asian avian flu thing going on.  The havbe killled hundreds of thousands of birds.  ugh.

Mr. Take-No-Chances says if it hits here we stop going any where.

hmmm....welll guess what?  we don't go anywhere anyway! :lol::lol:

Millie, you sound like you are going to be even busier than you already are. :)

Dilu

h

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Ahhh man. I dream of a life where I have a tonne of animals, and my mornings consist of feeding all of them. I would love to have space for a couple of mini horses. Call me a sucker, but they're cool!!!
Chickens, ducks and turkeys!! I wish! Although as a vegitarian, they would only be pets. No bunny for easter dinner!!!!!!
Maybe one day, teddy making will allow me to spend more time at home, and more time to have more critters. One day...........
Heather

Board footer