Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

P1010032-Large-Web-view.jpgHi everyone out there!
I wanted to show a photo to all you collectors out there of the great shelves I recently purchased from Pottery Barn for my bear collection.  They went up very easily and are 10 inches deep, so there is lots of room for even larger bears.  Anyway, I thought of a fun game to maybe help lighten the mood here!  See if you can name some of the artists who made these bears.  I will tell you that three of the bears ( and the doll ) were made by moi.  Some are obvious - some not so obvious.  Hope you enjoy my game of the day!
Thanks!
Connie Boggs

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Bear on Wheels..... YOU!!!

I have a hunch on a few others but am the type to be really embarrassed if I get 'em wrong!! And don't want to offend anyone!

So, c'mon guys and girls... GUESS! .... I wanna know if I'm right or not!  :dance:

PS... LOVE those shelves! Love Pottery Barn!!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Right, Daphne!  But that was a little obvious........  So as not to cause any hurt feelings, since I am not a professional bear artist, I will say which bears were made by me.  Top row - first and third from left.  Bottom row - bear on wheels.  The rest were all made by professional bear artists who do really great work!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Bluish /purple on bottom shelf - Penny Noble??  bear_wub

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Sorry, Shari.  But looking at the photo, it definitely looks like something Penny Noble would make.  If the photo was better, you would probably see that the blue bear was made by Karen O'Brien of Quiet Companions.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

The large bunny on the top shelf reminds me of Lori Ann Baker-Corelis...maybe the littler guy next to him too. The fluffy cream luv at the top...well I just want him  bear_wub
~Chrissi

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

White Bear on Top right ... Jane Perala ?????

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Chrissi, you are right!  The rabbit and the mouse are by Lori Ann Baker-Corelis.  And Wanda, you are right also!  The top right bear is by fellow Teddy-Talker Jane Perala.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I can't see the whole shelf! It's cut off with just a white foot showing after the bunny on the top shelf and after your bear on wheels on the bottom shelf.
Bear hugs, Edie

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

I'm sorry, Edie.  I don't know why that is.  I can see the whole photo on my screen...............

Macomb, IL
Website

Little brown bear wearing off white suspender pants with key around neck sitting middle of bottom shelf ..... RIDI Bear

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

You know your bears, Wanda!  Ridibear from Germany!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

What a darling collections of bears...I love Pottery Barn too!!!   I'm terrible at guessing artists....I do so love Rita's (RIDIbears)...I've been wanting to add one to my collection.

Cute Cute Cute....makes me wanna go out and buy another bear!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Edie,
     If you save the picture to your computer, and then have a look, it should show the whole picture.  That's what I do when someone's picture isn't completely showing.

hugs,

Brenda

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Thanks for sharing your bear collection! Nice shelves. bear_grin
JeannieB bear_original

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Is the gold bear with white suspender pants on the bottom shelf at the left, another Jane Perela  teddy? 

hugs,

Brenda

Macomb, IL
Website

Brenda,

That is my guess too .... so is it Jane's ????     Both Jane and Rita are my favorite artists.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_tongue I'm a lousy guesser, so I'll just say you've got some gorgeous bears  bear_wub

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello ConnieB !
What a gorgeous collection !!!!   :photo:
Your bear really fits to the shelves and they look marvelously.  bear_wub
Thanks for sharing.  :hug: 

hugs
Marie

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Yes, the bear in the suspenders - first bear on bottom row - another Jane Perala teddy bear.  She does marvelous work.  Her bears are really technically perfect!  (That was a Christmas present from my husband and remains one of my favorites!)  The tall bear in the middle of the bottom row is by Sheryl Wells of Simple Blessings.  The tiny girl bear holding a bear is by Christy Firmage.  And the last bear on the bottom row is by Marjoleine Deimel from Holland.  Oh, and the second bear on the top row is by Hiromi Nagataki from Japan.  Her bears are really sweet and amazing in person.........  And the small bear top right with the pink ribbon is an early bear by my friend and bear artist Tami Eveslage.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Nice collection :hug: You have great taste in bears bear_thumb
Wendy

Board footer