Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I sent a golly overseas over a month ago.  I was paid by paypal- so no problem there. 

After a few weeks I wrote and asked if the golly got there- no answer

so I waited another week and wrote again- no answer

so I sent a poem- (really rather cute I think)  no answer

This is a gal I like tremendously and had a good internet relationship with.

Should I just assume it got there OK.  I told her if it didn't I would make good on it. 

I guess I am conflicted:  on the one hand I am concerned that it did or didn't make it and so I am a weee bit, just a weeeee bit upset she hasn't contacted me either way.  On the other hand I am concerned something happened to her....sick .....whatever.

What would you guys do?

Puzzled Dilu looking for answers in all the right places!  bear_ermm

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, don't stress too much. I find this happens to me all the time. Sometimes it takes along time for the buyer to get back to me. Maybe they just don't use the computer much, or it broke on them. There could be thousands of reasons. But don't fret, if it didn't get there, you would definatly hear about that.
Also, some people, after chatting for a bit thru email, get their item and I never hear of them again. Although, I've never written them a peom bear_laugh Don't take it personally. if they didn't get it, or didn't like it, you ALWAYS here back from them.
Heather

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu -

It sounds like you've done all you can do, really.
If you have no way of tracking the package thru the PO then I'd say all you can do is wait to see if you hear back from her.

You could MAIL her a note, letting her know again that you appreciate her business, that you hope everything is alright as you hadn't heard from her and that you hope she enjoys her golly. Perhaps a hand written note in the mail will prompt her to respond?

She could very well be away, or having computer troubles. Or something could have happened with her/family that has her 'unavailable'. I'm sure if the golly hadn't arrived by now you'd be hearing from her.

Perhaps no news is good news?

I wish I had a better idea. bear_sad Maybe someone else will....

Hugs,
Daphne

Thanks Heather and Daphne- great ideas.

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I would not worry about it...but if you still worry anyway... then there is a way to find out if she is still around.
You can send her a note , mail it thu the post office ,I believe registered. ..so she has to sign for the letter and then in turn you get that mailed back to you. Ask the post office about this...I have  done this before when I wanted to be sure someone really recieved something ...like a package or a payment ....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, speaking from personal experience, it might just be that she's overstretched in life and has an inbox containing thousands of emails.  (Well, okay, in my case it was about a hundred.)

Just last night I forced myself to stay up til 3am to FINALLY answer some of my email... and mind you, some of it was from people in my personal/business life, bear friends like you guys, friends from college, etc.  It wasn't all junk mail or unsubscribe efforts and the like.  And some of the mail I was returning was dated, like, July 11th!

So perhaps she's a professional girl working hard with no time for frivolity now that she got what she wants.  Or maybe she's a single mom raising nineteen children.  I maybe she IS sick, or just has a full inbox of mail to sift through, and has put yours on the back burner until she can give it some attention.  That's what I did -- put it off/put it off/put it off, until the time I could devote the attention it deserved -- but one or two people wrote, "Are you mad at me?" anyway, because they hadn't heard back, and couldn't know what was in my heart.

Whatever the case, tho, it's one of those "out of your hands" bummer things.  So probably just be content in the interest she took in your great work, and the payment she sent, and try to let it go.  It's hard, I know; I have one buyer from way back who never wrote ME either, or left me feedback.  Totally unsettling... I keep wondering, "Why?"  But it gets me nowhere, so *poof* -- there it goes away again!

Hugs,

You've done all you can do in any case.

********POOF**************

Hey I think that was my shortest post ever. hmmmm

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ha!  :P:D:lol:

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Dilu,
       I cannot for the life of me think why anyone receiving one your beautiful Gollies would not answer ,even just to say how great  and thanks. It does not take much to say a few words, its a bit rude not to have got in touch . Maybe she has a few problems of her own.  Chin Up Girl.Don't you worry one Jot.

Biggest Hugs Rita xxx

Oh Rita!  blush  (now how much do I owe you?) :D

Shelli- are you this funny with the family?  I burts out laughing and my honey looks up sees I'm on the computer and now he asks, "Who was it this time"

Funny man

Funny Shelli

Dilu

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I had a customer who purchased a third bear from me.  I didn't hear that she received the bear until weeks later.  She had computer problems.

I  was very relieved when I got an email written by the three bears she had purchased from me.

Don't you love customers like that?  I do - It's the kiddie in me!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh, Dilu I agree to Daphne, "Perhaps no news is good news?".
but I hope she will reply to our Dilu
soon as possible....

Hugs/Marie

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Ha it was two years after I sent one bear that I got a reply from the collector in italy when he wanted me to make another for his wife!!
I sent a bear recently and didn't get a message to say he had arrived, I sent it recorded signed for and looked up on the web site for royal mail, so i know it had arrived.
I think we take it personally because it is a little bit of our heart and soul goes in to making the little bear or golly.
But some collectors may just see it the same way as a parcel from a big store like qvc, I don't email them to say my Liz earle face cream has arrived.
So no don't worry Dilu she was so delighted with your golly she forgot to let you know! sad I know but thats the way it goes some times. don't stress too much.
Hugs Kerren bear_original

Ok, I get it, don't worry, if she didn't like it she would have written and she probably is really very busy with those 19 children 

Honestly, How does she do it with 19 kids?

Yikes......

I am glad to know that it can be a normal occurance, which is a relief, and I will do what Shelli recommends and Pouf it away and go on to bigger and better things.

Thanks guys.

It is good to know it is normal

Hugs

Dilu bear_tongue

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dilu, I can't believe that one of your lovely gollys went to someone and they never
wrote and thanked you for it.
Rest assured that they have taken your beautiful work ( you would have heard if they
had not received golly)and you have been paid for it.
So just get on and make more of your beautiful gollys, knowing that we all know they
are absolutely fabulous!

hugs
Carolyn

Thanks everyone....the lady is a wonderful gal AND I was just a wee bit worried, but I do know she is busy and am positive that is all that it is...She is quite talanted herself and time seems to be slipping away from all of us doesn't it :rolleyes:

Dilu bear_original

Board footer