Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

clare14 Country Bears
England

I've just notice that all your ebay ID's are highlighted, and when I click on them, they go to your ebay selling page.

Mine doesn't (typical!!), what do I need to do to create that link??:rolleyes:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

oh good question Clare,how do they do that??

Perplexed...Shari.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hey guys, you can just copy this.
Let me know if it doesn't make sense.

<a href="http://this is.whereyoud.put/yourweb/address/information."> "This is the title of the link" </a>

Make sure only remove the parts in quotations, including the quotations. That is where your link will go. Then where I say "This is the title of the link" , that is where you will write down what we'll see to click on. Just dDON'T remove the </a> at the end, and you'll be fine.
Sorry I'm so bad at explaining things. Hope this helps
I guess I should do mine too!!
Heather

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

okay, so I'm wrong. It works for Edinburgh but not here. So i'll have to ask some of the techies here at work if no-one else knows.
And I was sooo excited that I knew the answer to something. Darnnit!!!
Heather
I'll keep trying though

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Heather,that was such a good try,thank-you for that bear_laugh We learn something new and useful everyday here so why should today be any different. bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_laugh bear_grin
Hugs,shari.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

You re soo sweet Shari!! And BY FAR you are my favorite bear artist. Even since I saw you last aviator bear on ebay. the angel one.
We'll figure this out.
Heather

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh thank-you Heather,I am very honored by your wonderful comments :D
Big bear hugs for you bear_original Shari.

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Okay, I went into my  settings and copied this, so it should work.
This is the code for MY ebay page.
ebay ID: ["url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZbearsQ2dbows]bears-bows[/url]

So now I removed my info, you substitute yours.
ebay ID: ["url=enteryourebaylinkhere]yourebayID[/url]

For the code to actually show up, :DI had to add the quotation before the urls, so remove those when you insert your info.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You could also click on the BBCode that's under the quick post box where you type your messages.
That'll pop up a new window with instruction on how to do what you are trying to do, girls. Where it says Links & Images you'll want to use the first example given!

(OK, I can't take credit for that info..... Shelli posted this advice in a separate topic today!!)

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada
Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Okay ,so what if I do this

Okay,I tried for an hour and still can't get a link to my ebay I.D : bearmaker11

clare14 Country Bears
England

Yeah!!!!   Took me a while but YEAH!!!   Shari, I found Kirsten's instructions the easiest - THANK YOU Kirsten!!:D

I went to the one Shelli and Daphne said, the BBCode, but got a bit lost  - it doesn't take much:rolleyes:!!

Thanks so much for your help all!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

MINE ISNT WORKING! HELP!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Kim,

I don't think your code is long enough, it should look more like:

["url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkbonsallQQs]kbonsall[/url]

I went to you ebay sellers page and cut and pasted the code, it had lots more code on the end though, so you may want to cut and paste it yourself and put it in between the [url]s - hope I making a little sense here:D

It took me a while but I got the right code in the end!

clare14 Country Bears
England

KIM!!

I had to change the above and put the speech marks in at the front, because the code is EXACTLY right if you take them out!!   I could click on a blue underlined kbonsall and went to your ebay page!!   Hope you don't mind:/   I'm on a roll!!   Tell me if I haven't explained myself very well!!;)

clare14 Country Bears
England

Shari, 

I've found your code too, oh I'm such a nosey old busy body this afternoon!!:D

["url=

Take the speech marks out after the first bracket and the code is exactly right!!;)

Oh, just noticed you've beat me to it!!:lol:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrp … sZkbonsall

This is what i have on my seller's page... now what! LMAO bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

oh my! didnt realize it! that worked!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Let me know in a while guys and I'll delete my posts if you don't want the world looking at your codes!!:)

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

but it doesnt just say "kbonsall"...

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, try this exactly, except ADD one rectangular bracket ([) to the BEGINNING and one rectangular bracket (]) to the END of what's below:

url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkbonsall]kbonsall[/url

I had to take the endcap brackets off, otherwise when I posted this for you to copy/paste, it would only read "kbonsall."  Which is what you're after, right???

Laughing here... bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LMAO bear_grin I am a dummy today! i couldnt figure that out for the life of me!  thanks shelli

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shelli wrote:

Kim, try this exactly, except ADD one rectangular bracket ([) to the BEGINNING and one rectangular bracket (]) to the END of what's below:

url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkbonsall]kbonsall[/url

I had to take the endcap brackets off, otherwise when I posted this for you to copy/paste, it would only read "kbonsall."  Which is what you're after, right???

Laughing here... :)

TIP: Use the Code tag to prevent BBCode tags from being processed. For example,

[url=http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkbonsall]kbonsall[/url]
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, you beat me to the punch, Quy!  But I just figured that out, two minutes ago, since I was trying to post a table which I had copied from page source elsewhere, and I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it (PS If you're online and can tell me how that would be AWESOME!)  I tried on the CODE button just to see what would happen and figured out that you can post html code, using the CODE button, and it will not "look" like the end result appearance of html, but instead will read as computer language.

Whee!  I am losing my mind!  :P:lol::D

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shelli wrote:

Hey, you beat me to the punch, Quy!  But I just figured that out, two minutes ago, since I was trying to post a table which I had copied from page source elsewhere, and I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it (PS If you're online and can tell me how that would be AWESOME!)  I tried on the CODE button just to see what would happen and figured out that you can post html code, using the CODE button, and it will not "look" like the end result appearance of html, but instead will read as computer language.

Whee!  I am losing my mind!  :P:lol::D

It cannot be done. bear_sad The Code tag only displays the source code. No processing is done.

Board footer