Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Well at least I won this battle...the war may still be raging we'll see how I do on the next set.  Your instructions worked like a charm....thank you so much.

If you haven't checked out her post in the Tips & Techniques section under "sewing on the ears" and are having ear issues, you should...they are GRRRRRRREAT!!!

Thanks again Winney!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

BUT....BUT....WHERE'S THE PICTURE?????

Shantell, surely you knew this was comng. :lol:

plus it gave me a chance to practise red-it's more complicated and I don't have much room left in my pea brain.

I thank you - I will go lookl at the post-

Dilu-patiently waiting, yes patiently, for your picture of the new and improved ears!

bear_tongue

Willamette Valley Oregon

Dilu darling, I could indeed take a photograph of the new improved Winneyfied ears...but you couldn't tell...isn't THAT the point.  It's all in the technique...:D  And I don't want to jinx myself...who knows the next set could be Darth Vader ears...AUGH.

bear_grin Oh you are totaly right, about that being the point.

But you know me....the greedy gollygus looking for any occassion to get pics on the board bear_grin

I try not to pass up opportunities :D

Miss Shelli has created a monster here

dillydallydooodelydo

Willamette Valley Oregon

100_9997.jpg100_9994.jpgOkay...so I couldn't pass up an opportunity to make Dilu's day...:D:D

Here's the teddy with the new and much improved ears...see you can't tell...HAHAHAHA....I think it's just cuz the pixies are so stinkin blurry...what's up with that anyway?  Hypothetical question I already know the answer...new camera.

So...I added some little pieces of felt behind his little glass peepers to create that "who me...I'm so innocent...where's the honey jar" look.  Did I accomplish that folks?  He's only 4-1/2" tall so how much trouble could he get into. ;)

Shantell

P.S.  I can't seem to let go of anything I've made yet...how do you girls/gents do it.  I love them all...but that doesn't support my habit.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shantell, what a sweet bear!! Love the eyes, and i'm glad you've gotten the ears down. \
When I 1st started sculpting, I asked the same question about letting them go to this dollmakers list I'm on. I got the same response I'm going to give you.
IT FEELS GOOD!!! I also get really attached to my creations, but you know, when you see or hear aboub thow happy your buyer is, you get hooked. Even for me, to think that I have artwork all over the globe keeps me selling.
Now, I'm addicted to the feeling, and I find that if I take lots of pictures, I don't mind letting them go anymore.
Just try and sell one, maybe one that isn't your favorite. See what happens. I'm sure you'll love it.
Heather

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh what a cute little bear, look at those ears!!

Danni

Board footer