Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Anyone know ..... What is the shipping like ordering goods from Australia to the USA ? I see some viscose rayon I'd love to get . I still have my old 1941 teddy my G.  grandmother made for me. I think he was made out of rayon..its very short yellow shiny fur fabric  and I washed him and he shrunk widthwise...yikes ! Poor teddy. I shoodaneverwashedhim !

Oh well...he still looks at me the same... out of the sides of his shoe button eyes that were sewen onto muslin white patches...so he has google eyes.My dear little teddy is still the same, altho ...he use to be fat when I was skinny, now he is skinney and I am fat.

Hmmmm, wonder if I can get that viscose cheaper here in the US ?...Winney

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Winney,

I can tell you about shipping to Canada which probably isn't that much different than the US.  I ordered the bulk nose wax - 10 pieces and some cellophane bags (not very heavy) and the shipping was AU$14.00 and AU$.50 for Insurance (which is automatic).

Hope that helps.

Jane

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Loretta,
1 1/2 yards of synthetic fur from Beary Cheap in Australia cost me $19.00 US in shipping.
Does that help??
Daphne

White City, Oregon

WOW ! Sound like the shipping is high . Thanks yall.... Winney

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

I ship things regularly to the US, Aus postage isn't too bad compared to US shipping to Australia. 

It really depends on size and weight of  course.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

And Winney, don't forget that the US dollar is more than the Aussie dollar.  So I'd get a shipping quote and then figure out your costs in US dollars.... may be cheaper than you think to just get it from Australia!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That is lots for shipping! wow!

White City, Oregon

Laura...OK, had not figured that out..thank's !...will do...Winney

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Winney, make sure you find out what method of shipping they are using from Australia to US. It sounds like some sort of Express postal service.

If it is Express postage - it will be expensive you will receive it very quickly within a few days about 3 days.

Airmail is  reasonable but you will receive your parcel  within 7 days

Ask for Economy airmail, it is the most reasonably priced, you will receive withing 7 to 10 days, I always send to the US with this method.

Hope this helps you out.

White City, Oregon

Thank you so much Karen....Winney

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Winney,
The prices for economy airmail from Australia to Zone C which is USA,Canada and Middle East are as follows and are for post only..no handling or insurance.

Up to 250gm $8.00
250-500gm $13.00
500g -750gm $18.50
750gm - 1kg $23.50
1kg-1.25kg $$29.00
etc, etc

I have a lovely piece of vintage rayon in my stash that I would be interested in selling if you are interested....it is goldy yellow and the pile is about 1/4 inch long. It's very soft and shiny and came from the Eastern Block, Germany in the early 1940's. If you are interested, email me and I'll send a pic for you.

Board footer