Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

clare14 Country Bears
England

I'm doing something totally off the beaten track, well for me anyway!!   I want to create a mohican on the bear I'm making, have any of you got ANY ideas on what I could use to stick the mohair up??   Hair gel....?  bear_ermm

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Fabric stiffener?

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website

What about diluted pva glue?  I think that's how Sandra Wickenden achieves her 'wet look' bears.
Chrisx

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Dry wax for human hair?  I use this on my hair to make it stand up.......works great! bear_thumb

Bev College Place, WA

Hair Mousse works great but you can brush it out.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Clare
How about Acrilic Varnish? I use it to seal my bear noses and have to be careful not to touch the Mohair or will stiff-up. I will put a little at a time on the area you want it and comb it trough. The good thing about it is that if you don't like the effect before it drys, just take it off with watter.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Clare

You can use gel on mohair - it's great when you have bits of fur that are stubbornly going the wrong way - but you have to be careful to use one that is alcohol free.  I know that John Renpenning the Canadian artists uses a brand which he sells in his workshops but I don't know what it is.  However, unless you use lots, I think it may soften over time.

The "nose shine" probably would work  - you'd probably just need to work out a system to hold the hair up while it dries.

Board footer