Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

One thing to add to Kelly's information...

I'm not sure when they started doing this but Ebay also has their own messaging center so when you get an email from "Ebay" (whether it's from Ebay themselves, a buyer or a seller) it should also show up in your Ebay message center...meaning you get an email in your personal email AND a duplicate message in your Ebay account.  At first it was kind of annoying to get the message twice.  And, as Kelly pointed out you can reply through the message center and choose the option to not reveal your email address....all very good ways to protect yourself.

Thanks Kelly for all your great advice.  I'm sure you have way more Ebay experience that I have and I think anything we learn we should share.  For example, I didn't realize you could check to see what a buyer was bidding on until someone mentioned it in another message thread...great advice if you are suspicious of a bidder. 

Sad our world has come to this...what happened to the good ol' girl handshake?

Shantell

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I was just in Ebay...and found this link in the discussion boards...so I thought I would post it here.  It's titled "How to spot a fake PayPal email and which countries are approved for use with PayPal."  It included a link to a list of Paypal approved countries.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa? … 5740250333

I just thought I would share...

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Dilu, thanks for the compliment on Barney (my avatar). He was one of my first patterns and everybody who sees my bears seems to like him best, strange bear_tongue No wonder you haven't  met me, it is my first day. I just registered after the Edinburgh board turned so quiet. Found you guys bear_laugh This board is really fun and I have talked more than I ever did on the other one.
I asked my bank about having a separate account for internet purchases and they said that is a good idea OR use paypal. So they regard paypal as very safe. I do however use a separate account at a different bank for all internet purchases including paypal. Its an account with longer credit time (payment due 30-60 days after purchase) then my usual card. That way I can complain before I am actually being charged.

Hugs

Sabine

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Deb,

No it was not an ebay sale, the customer had tried to do the sale via my web-site.
As Danni said there are some lovely people from Singapore and Indonesia and sorry
that sometimes one bad apple can ruin selling Bears.

All I can say is be very careful as it is a big wide world out there and best of luck
to everyone with selling your  Bears.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Board footer