Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

What ever you all decide to do as a forum for her family or for our own grief... I'm in support.
bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

How sad to hear of Winney. One of my first purchases of artist bears  were 2 baby bears, a boy and a girl. The bear world is truly going to miss a very talented artist.
Sonya

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Winneybears and Friends  bear_innocent

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_cry  bear_sad  bear_sad

:pray:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sally Winey of Winey Bears is with one N.

The original post is in reference to "Winney". Doubt her hubs would spell the name wrong. I also know that Winney/Loreta posted on CC & TT.... don't think I've ever seen Sally post.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

honest mistake - Daphne

thank you for letting me know.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Winney's husband has just left another message on Cheap Chat. It read's as follows...

This is winney's husband . It is the same winney( loretta rock) born in ca. She was American. Thank You for the Condolences.She loved this site. GOD BLESS ALL

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

How very sad to hear about the passing of this lovely lady!  Our thoughts are with her loved ones at this time  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I hope this doesn't sound bad, but could someone who is also a regular at Cheap Chat maybe let her husband know that Winney visited here as well?  He is only posting at CC so maybe he doesn't know that.  I'm saying this not because I want acknowledgement or glory for TT, but because he may at some point, when things are less raw and difficult, enjoy reading here about just how much Winney was loved and appreciated by our members as well, by so many people from all over the world.

Thanks, Gemma, for the update.

clare14 Country Bears
England

I've been thinking about Winney all day.   She was such a lovely lady and so very helpful and informative on the forum to us all.

And while heaven has gained an angel, there's a big hole left in the bear world......  bear_cry

Good night Loretta, and God Bless  :hug:

My thoughts and prayers to your loved ones.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Shelli,

I've just left a message for him on CC. Hopefully he will pop in and have look here when he gets a free moment.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

How absolutely terrible..and how very sad too. I feel very much for her family at this time...it must be so hard to cope.

I can't begin to know how they feel..

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I had a new student come to my home today to learn about bear making.
To have read about Winney's passing before she came really dampened my spirits at first.

But then, as I began thinking about Winney and how giving she was with her knowledge and kindness, I decided to go forward with my new student with renewed enthusiasm. I had a wonderful morning with a marvelous lady and shared all I possibly could. Her interest and determination at bear making only made things even more exciting. I gave her her first session for free, privately sending a message of thanks up to Loretta for being a wonderful teacher and example, and such a giving person.

I've known Winney online since before TT and have learned a lot from her. I feel an emptiness over her loss..... but she's left so many of us with knowledge that we'll continue to use for years to come.

Our loss is nothing compared to that which her family is experiencing. My heart and prayers go out to them.

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

What sad news. Winney will be missed here, she was always ready to help anyone who asked. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00381-2.JPGDSC00380-2.JPG

Right after TT started I was privledged to meet Loretta.  She lives an hour away.  We met with another early TTer, Laure, who isn't here any more because she is so busy.  She was full of wonderful ideas, and brought so much to share.

We e-mailed quite a bit after that, and whenever I didn't get a reply I always worried.  She said not to worry once.  Becuse she had such faith in God and knew things were going to be OK.  So I guess she is rolling in mohair in heaven. She joked about that once, since we were both fighting health problems....she said when the time came to think of that....rolling in mohair in heaven.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC00376-2.JPGDSC00385-2.JPGDSC00383-2.JPGDSC00378-2.JPG

She gave us an impromptu lesson in scissors sculpting and had such wonderful surprises for everyone that was there....

She brought a friend of hers Debbie, and i had a friend there also, Cheryl, and the other lady with the guy is Laure....Fools Gold Bears

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Thanks Dilu--it's a treat to see these pix of Winney in action, and a great comfort.

What a lovely, generous lady, and what a painful loss for us.

I hope she's rolling in mohair in a beautifully stocked and organized studio--the kind you could only find in Heaven.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

This is winney's husband. It is the same winney. She also loved this site. Thank you so much for your condolences. She is with GOD now. No more suffering.  May GOD bless each and everyone OF you.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

F***ing Hell.............this is just so awful.

Sorry i can't be more polite but i think this is bloody terrible news.

I send my deepest condolences to Winney's family - i am so very sorry

angel.jpg

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

My heart goes out to Loretta's family . She was so kind and hlpful. When I was trying to find answers about a health issue I was facing, she emailed me personally with information and we chatted live on MSN. 
   My heart was heavy all day and I hoped and prayed that it was a mistake. I see now that her husband has posted here also, it can't possibly be a mistake. bear_cry
Thank-you Dilu for the pictures  :hug:   :hug:  I know she is at peace and I hope her family will find peace as well.
   I am on board for whatever our group decides to do in regards to this. So very sad  bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Larry,

Thank you for posting here on Teddy Talk.
And thank God for HIS love and precious gifts!

Dilu - I remembered these photos and searched for them earlier today. Thank you for sharing them with us again.

:hug:  :hug:

K Pawz Guest

bear_cry This is such sad news about Winney bear_cry Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Larry for taking the time to visit us here, please know that Loretta will be greatly missed, and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Krista

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

We'll be praying for you, Larry--thanks for posting.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

OOh bear_sad  I have been wondering where  Winney has gotten to lately, missed the post about her not being well.  We had a great time when the board was new, and she was a fantastic member.

My heart goes out to her family.

Danni

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry Larry, thank you for posting on here as well, as I know how busy you must be and with such a heavy heart.  I was SO hoping it wasn't our Winney, rude I know, but she will be greatly, greatly missed.  I always sought her posts because she had so much good information, and could always bring a smile or laugh.  I shall miss her, even though I only knew her on here. 

Dilu thank you so much for sharing the pictures .... she'll be greatly, greatly missed  bear_cry

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I was so very sad to read this post and  to hear this news.
Winney was always so helpful and we have all learnt so much from her.
She will be greatly missed here.
My deepest condolences and love and prayers go out to the family.

Hugs
Carolyn

Board footer