Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Heather posted last week asking if anyone wanted to do another accessories swap. She got 2 takers.... one being me but she and I were swap partners last time... she sent great stuff but it'd be fun to swap with someone else this time!

I don't want to be pushy... just thought perhaps some of you missed her post so I'm putting out the second call
(and hoping Heather is still willing to organize it!  bear_laugh )

If anyone is interested in doing a little cleaning out and parting with ribbons, buttons, clothes, lace, growlers, ultrasuede, felting goodies, golly hair..... ANYTHING.... in return for new goodies from someone else, let us know! I believe we settled on a paper lunch bag or quart sized zip-loc bag last time. Some partners swapped mohair and the like as well but that's up to you and your partner.

Just state your name and what size bear the goodies you have to send would fit ie: mini, small, medium or large.

We could shoot for a mid-September ship date???

If Heather no longer wants to organize it, I will!

Anyone??? Anyone???

I'll start:

Daphne Blau - Back Road Bears - Small & Medium

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

oh I missed Heather's post but I'd love to play again!

Kim Parkhurst - Toadbriar - small & medium

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Love to.  Would a mini crochet bear blanket be qualified?

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'll play!  ....this sounds like an awesome way to share, post pictures, have some fun   bear_original   Will this one have the same guides as the last swap you guys did??  I wasn't on TT then, but I did a quick search and it looked like fun! Just let us know!

Chrissi Catherwood - CatherWoods - mini, small, & medium

:hug:
~Chrissi

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Me too!

Meg Jackson - Pinney Bears- small & medium

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sure me to !!!

Jodi Falk / Bears by Jodi / small  3 in to 51/2 inchers

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I would love to join in with this swap Daphne,

Denise Eastwell.  (Tuppies Teddies )   small-medium bears

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

YAY! You guys wanna play!

I was sad no-one wanted to swap before ( thanks Daphne! )

Here's what I said in my last post about some rules we may want to think about....

For those of you that weren't here, we did an accessory swap here on TT. We had random partners and we decided what size of bag to fill with 'goodies' and sent them off.

Daphne was my swap partner, we decided to fill to ziplock sandwhich bags full of stuff and it was awesome!

If I get interest in this, I'll happily organize it.  k035.gif Draw names out of a hat etc.

We can leave it up to the partners for the specific details, but I was thinking it should be limited to bear making supplies or accessories.  g050.gif

One thing we did last time which I think worked well, is put beside your name if you want

Small
medium
large
accessories.

A big bell won't work for a tiny bear 

So if there is any interest, let me know.
Any feedback or concerns, let me know.

K Pawz Guest

I would love to play again...especially if you are organizing it!!!!! Not that it was a big deal last time, I just don't have the free time to this go around...so count me in

Krista-K Pawz Creations-Small(6"-10")-Medium(11"-15") I just put my sizes because everyones idea of sizes are different..I don't mind shipping international either.

Hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'll play.  Just one swap partner this time for me, please.  I'm getting short on supplies to dole out!

Shelli -- medium (10-14) and large (14-20) sizes, please.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Shari- medium-large

Anyone interested in swapping fur ( good quality faux or mohair) for leather swatches that can be used for paw and foot pads? :redface:   :redface: OOPs, I didn't make that clear, sorry Heather.  :hug:

I have the leather and wondered if anyone would like some. I have all different colors and don't need it all. Thanks,hugs!!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shari, I just PM'd you.

Thanks everyone, swaps are fun!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yippee!!!  :dance:

Thanks for your interest guys!!! It'll be so much fun!!

ANYONE ELSE?????????
Come join the fun!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh, go on then....I'll join in too!

Gemma Jeffries. Pumpkin & Pickle Bears. Medium (10" +).

I don't mind shipping Internationally and I'd love some plush or mohair to be included!

I would need mini or 8 inch bear things.

nandesign Posts: 361

I'll join in the fun as well...I wasn't a member last time...but I would be happy to do a swap. I would appreciate only one swap member at a time as well.

Keep me posted! Small 6-8inch
Nancy

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

anyone else? I'll keep this going for a bit longer.

c027.gif

Jenn, a blanket would qualify I think. Any supplies that could go with a bear.

Some ideas,

fabric bits for paw pads
bells
beads
felting stuff
ribbon
tools

Anything to do with bearmaking.

It'll be up to the individual partners to decide how much to swap. Same rules as last time.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

OH BOY I can't wait !!! I have some longer mohair that I am not using now that I do smaller bears , Any one got some Sassy fur ? The Smokey long pile ?? Or NO3 mohair like I like to use on my 5 inchers??? Boy I have allot of supplies from years ago !!!! For small and bigger bears. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! I have allot of mini fabric also that is different from the sassy fur.I am excited !!!!
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
                                                      Jodi Falk

a130.gif  a130.gif  a130.gif  a130.gif  a130.gif  a130.gif  a130.gif

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Me too, please!

Kelly - any size bear mini to biggie, will swap anything including mohair & other fabrics, and I'll ship anywhere in the world.

I think that covers just about everything  bear_original
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Should we have a separate fabric swap????????

I'll head it up if you all want one!

That way those that don't want to swap material don't have to worry about getting matched with someone who does and Krista doesn't have to go crazy trying to figure out who wants what. Some may want mohair, others may want synthetic, some only mini fabric, some 3" long stuff. See, it can be a swap with rules all it's own if folks get really serious about it!!!

Just a thought!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Separate fabric may be good also. This could be really fun !!

Jodi Falk

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I should probably clarify that I really don't need more fabric  bear_grin

If the two swaps were divided, I would probably only do the accessory swap.  However, if my accessory swap partner would like to include fabric as part of the accessory swap, I would be willing and able to do so.  Clear as mud, right?
bear_original

Cheers,
Kelly

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You are so helpful, Kelly!!!  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Okay Girls, looks like that's it for our swap.

I'm going to put names in a hat and try to match up people the best I can. Tomorrow I'll post our swap partners and we can go from there.

Still not too late for anyone else to join..................

If some one has fabric I would love it.  Is there a deadline?  I need to start making my stuff. :hug:

Board footer