Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Deb Upstate New York

Where to order the sew in kind?  Thanks much!

Deb

ellen ontario, canada

any printer/printing compnay will do them for you, any size, any colour....etc. etc....
bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You can make your own using the fabric paper that will go in your printer.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

What is fabric paper and where do you get it?Please excuse my lack of knowledge.Love to make fabric tags if I could.Thanks,Shari.

Deb Upstate New York

<Echoing Shari> ... what the heck is fabric paper?  Sounds like neat idea.  Would like to try.  Thanks SueAnn.

Deb (NY)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

It's put out by June Tailor and is just that . . . fabric paper that can be used in color ink jet printers and copiers.  It comes in cream and white.  There are two kinds . . . colorfast and not colorfast . . . but I always choose the colorfast, which is washable.  I have found it at Wal Mart and JoAnn Fabrics.  JoAnn probably sells it online, also.  I have a web address for June Tailor and they might sell it online, too.  www.junetailor.com  It's called Printer Fabric Sheets.  If anybody needs more info, just let me know.  This is what I've started making my tush tags with and it's perfect!!

Deb Upstate New York

Thank you SueAnn (and Shelli for posting in Techniques).

Deb (NY)

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

There's loads of brands out there, and in varying degress of quality.  I have used a bit when we did our own collage sheets - and fabric collage sheets.

Also, I found the cheaper stuff to be better with fraying also, so you don't always pay for what you get.

Shop around :)

Danni

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Danni what is it called over here and where did you get it?  I really want a sew in tush tag that I can print up but can't find anything.  I'm ready to go get some as soon as you answer lol ;)
hugs sarah

Australia

Oooh I had to purchase online.  I won't recommend where I got them, but if you google Fabric Printer Sheets you should get lots of different options.

Hope this helps!
Danni

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

okey dokey...thanks danni bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yes, Sue Ann, what about fraying on June Tailor's? I have some of Printed Treasures' but haven't even opened the package yet! I'm afraid of fraying edges. Duh - Fray Check!! When all else fails! Perhaps fusible web could be ironed on to the back?

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Hi All,
I ave use fabric paper labels & was disappointed with them.  I have an inkjet printer & the labels would smear .   Heaven forbid they should accidently get wet. Then there would be nothing left on them. I tried a quick spray of selaer on them but that would smear the printing too.
TTFN
Amy

Australia

Oooh doesn't sound good Amy!  Wonder if there was a problem with the ink or the sheets?  Doesn't sound like a common problem.

What did you have your printer set on for the type of paper?

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

TushTags.jpgThis is a sample of what my tush tags look like.  I rubbed fray check on them to see if the ink "ran".  The printer ink didn't smear, but the ink I signed with did smear a little.  Keep in mind I use colorfast fabric sheets.  I just print my design out as if I were using Avery labels (size 1" x 2 5/8", 30 labels to a sheet).  I cut along the long edge of the design, but leave the short ends with some "tabs" that I can use as a seam allowance.  Then I fold the "label" in the center and sew the tab ends into the seam.  Does that make any sense?  Of course you can design your tag however you wish.  My logo bear takes up a lot of room so that the text is very small.  I'm going to redesign it one of these days!  I will post this on the tips and techniques topics later . . . gotta go fix lunch!

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I will have to check to see if I can get colorfast ones next time. I don't believe mine were.
Amy

Board footer