Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC02356.JPGDSC02355.JPG

I am playing around with eyes....

I need to know if I should keep playing around or stick to the straight black eyes.....

How traditional do gollies need to stay-or can I keep pushing the envelope without the GollyPolice coming after me.....

gollyhugs
dilu

PS you all know i got thick skin so say it straight!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Silly Dilu...push the envelope!!!!   And get some clothes on that girl...this isn't the Playboy Mansion, ya know!!!!   :crackup:   :crackup:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I love it!  bear_wub

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I say keep pushing the envelope.  If the Golly Police do come after you, I think you can shake them.  There really are very few rules here, and we do tend to bend those.

Got it....OK dressing her.....

Thanks guys.....Oh, word of advice...when doing eyes....dont suddenly discover you are out of black model enamel and thing you can substitute oil base painting paints....took 3 days to dry-and that was after several sessions in the mini oven at 300 for an hour at a time....glad these were glass....

....of course then the hubs says, "well I have that paint in a big size. How much do you want?"

hmmmmm..... thinking fast;

"all of it!"

So he filled an old glass spice bottle  one of the tall ones....I don't think I'll run out again in this lifetime..... bear_grin

gollyhugs
dilu

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I love the new eyes.I want to see the finished picture please !! And Put me down for some sample time to hug and love her !!! I think we would all like a turn !!!

Jodi Falk

131-1.gif

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_thumb  bear_thumb Looks good Dilu!  Keep on pushing that envelope! :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOVE brown eyes . . . good thing, since mine are dark brown.  GO for it, Dilu . . . she looks great!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Keep pushing Dilu my dear! :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Tradition is to be cherished and kept safe so we know where we've come from- if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

BUT - If no-one 'pushed the boundaries' how predictable it would be.  Keep pushing Dilu and pop back to tradition when you feel the need.  Its the Chinese spinning plate trick,  keep them all spinning without the plates toppling off.

Oh my - this sound like a sermon - Here endeth the lesson :crackup: (With affection)

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

As we are creative artists when making a golly or bear how they turn out is where we are.

Sounds a bit strange, what I mean is the finished item is reflecting our feelings or creativity at the time.  Be it traditional or pushing the envelope.
I say go with the flow, the end product is the mirror of what was in your mind....be it something traditional or something a little different.
I have made a few bears where I have thought, my god where did that come from as they are so different to what I usually make.  They then become a source of another path to follow..

Waffled on a bit then, sorry..

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Great Dilu
All your gollies are just superb - I think keep pushing the envelope as I can see nothing but wonderful gollies bear_flower  bear_flower  :dance:  :dance:
:hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I think she looks great with brown eyes, Dilu - I like the one with less white showing the best.  There is nothing wrong with pushing the envelope - that is what being creative is all about!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I think the eyes are lovely!!  We'll protect you from the golly police...we can take em' :crackup:
Imagine if no one here pushed envelopes, tested knew stuff or thought to put eyelids or fabulous stringy bright pink mohair on a teddy bear!! 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Stringy bright pink mohair on a teddy bear?  Lord have mercy!   bear_grin

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu, darling....
If you gave your golly girl a mouth maybe she would tell you if she liked her new eyes or not.  I kind of like them myself.  Golly Dolly may have other ideas though.  bear_happy

Hugs and more hugs,
Aleta

Hmmm....Okey dokey....yes I really do say that.....how does conumdrum and okey dokey then, come out of the same brain? 

Probably like Denise said....tradition is where we are from and nothing wrong with that, but without pushing the envelope we wouldn't have the Internet or computers or TeddyTalk....oh dear

where would we be then?

I'll keep pushing.....but not all the time.........

...................yikes..... no TeddyTalk....what on earth would we do.......long distance phone calls to Oz and Canada......and we don't get Verizon here............sigh...............

it boggles the mind

it is the stuff of bad dreams..................

gollyhugs everyone!

dilu

K Pawz Guest

she looks awesome Dilu, yes break away from tradition!!!!

Hugs,
Krista

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

She looks wonderful to me Dillykins. Who said Gollies can't have beautiful big brown eye! Go for it!

ALTEA SAID

Stringy bright pink mohair on a teddy bear?  Lord have mercy!

How about this one, it's not bright, but it's stringy and pink.

Roselee.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Board footer