Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:dance: CatherWoods has a web site  :dance:

It took a ton of man hours (HUGE thanks to my hubby and sis!! bear_wub ) and it is finally out there.  This was our first shot with any of this stuff and we're pretty pleased.  We know we're bound for updating and tweaking, but that's to be expected.  We had planned to launch with a "share with a friend" link in conjunction with the email list, but that will take a bit more time...poor hubby was beginning to look like that mad bloody typing animation that Shelli's been using with her HTML posts bear_grin

I'd love for you all to take a peak and let me know what you think. 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Chrissie, just took a gander at your site....very very nice....I'm impressed....and I love the bear you have made for the Lemonade charity auction!  Very nice....yummy yellow.....

gollyhugs

dilu

kate Kates Mates
Malua Bay

Congratulations, like your website very much indeed.   Am just in the throes of trying to build one by myself - having had very limited tuition, don't know how far I'll get - but if it turns out half as well as yours, I'd be very happy.  In fact, if it turns out at all, I'll be happy.
Cheers
Kate

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Chrissi love your website .... easy to get around and looks very neat.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great website Chrissi. It is very easy to navigate and loads quickly and clearly, crisp pictures too. Well done!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Nice work Chrissi! Your website looks incredibly professional. The black background really serves to make your bears stand out. The pictures are really clear too.
Wonderful!
Aerianna

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

You have done a wonderful job with the website my dear - i know what a nightmare it can be, i run two of them!

The worst part is deciding on how it will look is'nt it? Soooo much choice  bear_shocked
I really enjoy changing mine now, it gets easier the more you do it.

Penny

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Chrissi your site looks FANTABULOUS!!!!!  Your bears are just adorable... and I agree, LOVELY benefit bear!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Love your website - easy to navigate and easy on the eye.  The photos are a nice touch too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super nice job, Chrissi!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Great website, Chrissi.  I agree with all above, easy to navigate and everything is easy to see and very clear.  I love the black & white pics.  Are they you?  I have some that look like that of me and my sis.  I love Sunni too, beautiful bear.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb   :clap:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great website Chrissi - easy to navigate and loved the photos - very nice.

Hugs
Carolyn

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Chrissi, I love your site! The photos with the white borders on the black background are wonderful; they really do remind me of some of my mom's albums. I love old-timey things, even though I know your pics are probably from my own childhood years.  bear_laugh  But I was bummed to see that you didn't have a picture of you today, "all growed up"! Goin' incognito, are ya? bear_cool

Deb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very elegant site, Chrissi.  I like it a lot. bear_original

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Thank you everyone for your wonderful feedback!!  It's feels so nice to hear that the site is easy for others to navigate and that you like the style and design of it.  bear_original We're going to tweak a few more things, I expected we would. 
A few have asked:  the color photos are of me...the black and whites are all family shots of my mom, aunts, my great grandmother. The purchase page photo is my great aunt and great grandmother in my great grand mothers grocery in Philadelphia.  The white border idea came from old scrapbooks my grandmother and her sisters made back when they would all go to the mountains during the summer....their scrap books reminded me of  Dirty Dancing (the movie)... families would pack up and go to the mountain resorts and have dances and arts/crafts and theater shows to keep entertained. It was so much fun going through all of the photos to create the site.  I plan to rotate pictures during the holidays, summer, etc.
Me going "incognito" wasn't totally intentional  bear_innocent bear_grin I will get a current photo out there soon, but I didn't have any on hand that "fit" the site.
Thank you all again!! 
~Chrissi

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Love, love, love the old pictures!!!  Reminds me of a few I have of myself as a little girl.  Chrissi, I think your web site is wonderful.  It's easy to navigate and easy on the eyes.  Bravo!!  Your bears are delightful!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Lookin' pretty nice and classy... I like the vintage photos but then again I have always liked old photos.
The really nice ones you frame and hang on your wall... vola! Instant Ancestors!  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Looks great !!! I really enjoyed it. I really like all the black back ground.Good job !!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Lovely lovely lovely Chrissi!!  well done  :clap:
xx sarah

macy1029 Posts: 24

I really like your website.  I love the use of your family pictures--I can tell the time when your pictures were shot so I know we are the same age.  bear_original  Your site is easy to maneuver and not crowded with useless graphics and other distractions.  Very nice work!!!  :clap:
Dana

Board footer