Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

128-2895_IMG.JPGI have just made this little bear, Maple, out of a old mink fur coat.  I donated it to the HIV/Aids Benefit Silent Auction this weekend in Medicine Hat.  Does anyone else ever donate bears to charity.

Jane

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Jane what a very sweet little Bear and good on your for donating your Bear to a HIV/Aids.
I hope that the bear will make a lot of money for them.

Every year for about the last 5, I have donated a Bear for the Waiheke Island hospice and last year
I donated a Bear - George for the Breast Cancer Foundation.
I find the biggest reward in making Bears is to contribute to worthwhile causes and to be able to
help out.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jane how wonderful of you and mink to boot.  He is adorable and anyone would be thrilled to own him

I love that you are doing this....I am keeping my eyes open, I am sure there should be something around here....maybe Winney knows!

Dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I've not made enough bears to do anything yet but keep them bear_grin:lol:  I have however donated a quilt...just last spring for a friend whose little neice (9 years old) had to have a liver transplant and they were doing a fundraiser to help with all the expenses.  I also made a rag doll that went with it...her little outfit was out of the scraps from the quilt.  It felt so wonderful donating it and knowing it went to a very good cause.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Earlier this month I donated 100% of proceeds from my Gallery piece to TBAI's Millie Gage Memorial Fund, which benefits endangered species.  And in October (pieces due in September) I'll be donating a piece to a children's cancer charity via the TEDDIES 4 CHARITY effort.  See details -- yes, YOU can participate, too! -- at Nancy Tillberg's NORTH COUNTRY TEDDY BEARS site.

Click here:

http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/T … /index.htm

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Absolutely adorable! Great Job! Love the fur!

Many Hugs Louise

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Donated two bears earlier this year to the Tsnuami Appeal.

Later this year I will do another to Cancer Research foundation.  Raising funds through Relay for Life program. 

I admire efforts to raise funds and donate to charity.;)

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have donated bears for two different tsunami relief auctions this year.  I will also be donating for the Teddys 4 Charity auction in October.  Just last Sunday I sent two bears to Peru.  This came about from a woman who spends 6 months out of the year working there.  She was telling me about a 6 year old girl who is blind.  Two surgeons from Ohio went down to do a surgery in hopes of restoring some of her vision.  The surgery was done on one eye in July and it seems to have been a success.  They will be returning in October and hopefully doing to other eye.  I sent a teddy bear to this little girl.  In the conversation I found out that she has a little sister.  Naturally I had to give a bear to the sister also.  I am anxiously awaiting the pictures of the girls with their bears.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I donate several bears a year to different charities or whatever. I make one each year for the Girls Inc. auction. We have a family reunion at our farm each year and many of us donate craft items which we raffle off. This year we had about 70 people and raised $415 which was donated to Girls Inc. Our bear making guild makes a couple of bears for charity each year as well (we each make a piece) and donate them to different charity auctions. I also like to give away 'care bears' if I know someone is in need.

Marion

You ladies are just terrific!  What giving and loving spirits.

The Salvation Army is one of my favorites-but they want money not bears....money is easier to do though.

Don't laugh but my other favorite is the Gideions- who put the Bibles in motels.  But thats because of my Dad:

"It's in The Book Lassie"  he would thunder during many of our 'arguments'  We loved to argue with each other-it was usually good natured and ended in hugs.  (so different than mom)

So now, every year on his Birthday we donate to that so that if any hapless soul in a no-tell motel is feeling down they have some reading material that might be comforting.....I don't know, to be honest, since I have never been depressed in a no-tel m otel.

Actually I have never been in a no-tell motel.

hmmmm

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My first donation is in September - Teddies 4 Charity. The cause is even more special to me because my 3-yr-old nephew was just diagnosed with leukemia (in late July) but I had entered before that happened.  I think it is wonderful that there is so much warmth and caring and good hearts bear_original

Kim, how is your nephew doing?

I am so sorry he and your family have to go through this

Dilu

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

YOur bear is adorable. I love his "Who Me?" look.
I donate a fur bear every year to a charity auction for a local company that helps troubled teens and I also make several child safe bears and dolls each year to put in the Santa Anonymous boxes at Christmas.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a delicious little bear!!  Cute, cute!  Yes, I try to donate to some charity organization every year.  I've made bears for church auctions, Good Bears of the World, Ronald McDonald House (which I will participate in again this year), AIDS research, cancer research, and I made a limited edition breast cancer bear in honor of my sister who was diagnosed in 2000 and gave the proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  I want to help, in my very small way, any organization that can make the world better.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My nephew's name is Jerry, he just turned 3 in June and was diagnosed with it the day after my birthday.  He was in the hospital for 3 or 4 weeks.  They said it should be out of his system by the time he is 7.  He has to get chemo three ways, injections in his legs, spine, and orally.  He also will be getting radiation.  Poor little guys eyebrows are already falling out bear_sad  He is a tough cookie though.  It is sad for someone to go through something like that, even more so for a little one...

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Kim,

That is so sad about your nephew.  It is so hard when kids are sick.  My grandson was diagnosed with a heart problem when he was 1 months old - just on a regular check-up.  His heart used to race up to 300 bpm and the normal is 130.  Of course at 3 months he had bacterial menengitis - the bad one and had to have a spinal tap and we just about lost him.  Well GOOD news is the heart is much better and they evern stopped his heart meds although he has to be monitored closely and no permanent damage (that they can tell) from the meningitis.

You know kids are so resiliant that they seem to bounce back.  Its the adults which it seems to effect more!!

Jane

Oh - Its so great that us bear makers are such generous people and have such big hearts for charity.

Lets give ourselves a great big pat on the back!!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It is scary - this is one of the reasons that i am terrified of having kids... I want kids, just scared

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Kim, I was really sorry to read of your dear little nephew Jerry been sick and I just want to say
that our thoughts and prayers are with all your family, at this time.

Best wishes & bear hugs
Carolyn

Board footer