Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys! I was wondering where in the world to find teeth and claws to use on the bears. I have searched and searched and I know that many of you use them. Would you mind sharing where to purchase them?

Thanks so much

Hugs Louise

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I think Gerry's in Australia has just released a nw range of claws...glass i think....

K Pawz Guest

I get my claws from Jane here on TT Mo Beary, she is in Alberta.....I haven't bought teeth yet, but I did just recieve my Van Dyke's Taxidermy catalouge and they have jaw sets with teeth in there....Beary Cheap also has just singel buck teeth type teeth as well....Hope that helps...let me know if you can't find Jane on here and I will find her for you... :hug:

Hugs,
Krista

Stellajella Wien

Louis,
ebay- you want it, they have it bear_grin ...at least the claws.
Dunno about teeth though.

Gaby bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Louise, I've ordered glass 'daggers' from The Northern Bead Company here in Toronto. They come in various sizes and colors, and work well for both teeth and claws.

http://www.northernbead.com/beads/daggers.htm

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

I haven't used teeth yet but I make my own claws from polymer clay. It's pretty easy and then you have such a reange of color to choose from.

Tofield Alberta Canada

Awesome guys! I always know where I can find the very best help and that is here at TT! We have the best and most helpful group ever!

Hugs Louise

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Louise - you should know this by now.............

.........teeth are in the mouth and claws are on the paws

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Louise...I make my own...and have been looking on prosthetic/special effects teeth websites for ideas on how to make them in a less haphazard way...up to now I've only used Fimo..but I think other things could be better. I think Beary Cheap do claws ...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Louise, I also make my own claws and teeth.  This way they are custom fit right to the bear.  I have used polymer clay but am now experimenting with Apoxie Sculpt as it is rock hard, air dries and is  absolutely unbreakable.  It's a bit more fidley than polymer clay but I really like how solid it is.   

I'll be back with a link to the website....

Here it is:http://www.avesstudio.com/

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

OOOH! Great idea! I've used that (Apoxie sculpt) for other stuff and it's virtually unbreakable! You live in Wisconsin, don't you Judi? Have you been to the shop? "Ave's Taxidermy and Cheese" What a combo! I stopped by on my drive back home to Ohio from Minnesota

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I bought ready-made teeth from Edinburgh Imports some time ago, they came in different sizes.
Each tooth has a hook so that you can sew/attach them to the mouth, as yet they waiting for me to use them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe! Bless all of your hearts! You guys are the very best and I knew we could count on you. Such wonderful suggestions and so very much appreciated!

Love all of you!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Tami, Yes I am in Wisconsin.  Just east of Green Bay.  Where is that shop?  It seems lots of shops are tied in with cheese some how :crackup: around here. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

The milk from our dairy goes to an Italian cheese plant.  Talk about strong cheese!  I can't eat it.

Board footer