Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I need your help! I decided to try nose wax on one of my bears and I don't know if I've done it properly. I warmed the wax under a bulb and applied it to the nose but it ended up having a white sheen to it...I abandoned it and used nose shine instead. Why did it happen? If I'd have then rubbed it with paper, would the white sheen have gone? I didn't want to try it as I was worried that I'd make it worse!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

After you just applied the wax, it usually doesn't look nice, so I found that heating the waxed nose with an air drier and using a paint brush to evently apply better the wax already on the nose gave me a good result.
Then, once dry, you just have to make it shine.

Hope it helps,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

If you get that whiteness usually it's just that it hasn't soaked in properly. maybe you applied a but much at once. But do not panic....I use a hairdryer on slow fan and high heat and it melts the wax evenly and you'll have a nice smooth nose!!

I usually melt the wax on an old spoon over the stove till it's really runny and paint it on with a paint brush kept especially for waxing!! Don't apply it right up to the edges and, when you smooth it with your hairdryer it won't bleed on to the mohair...practise on an old bear first!!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Thank you Sophie and Jenny - I'm glad I didn't make a boo-boo!!! I'll try it again on my current bear!

Board footer