Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Artists: If you're making them, I would appreciate receiving digital scans. I'd like to know why they appeal to you (why you're doing them), what techniques you're using, how collectors are reacting, whether you're selling or trading or both, any cool trades you've made, and anything else that seems pertinent.

Collectors: If you've received any Artist Trading Cards, what do you think of them? Do they add value to the teddy? Will you keep them? Do you consider them collectible?

Please answer via mkinsey@madavor.com.

I'd appreciate receiving replies by October 6.

Thanks!
Mindy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01821-2.JPGDSC01818-2.JPGDSC01721-2.JPGI started because there are so many artists that I can't afford to buy a bear from.  This way i get a tiny touch of that artists magic.  I wish more artists were doing it.  When i started making them so that I could trade with an artist I had no idea what they were supposed to look like, and Im not exactly a technowizard...so I did what I now how to do, I hand sewed, and I made what I make..gollies. 

I like being whimsical with them-and in between the gollies it is a nice way to relax.  Gollies can take forever because of the clothing, and sometimes I am pretty burned out by the time I finish....so a little instant gratification is excellent in my book, an ATC, some chocolate and a cuppa tea, I am ready to go the next day.

As far as receiving cards?  I love them.  They are tiny bits of art...and the cards are very much like the bears , much like the artist.  They are grand.  I was sorry to see it sort of die out on  TeddyTalk.

gollyhugs

dilu

K Pawz Guest

WoW great idea Mindy....any particular size or resolution that you would like them emailed in?

Hugs,
Krista

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have never seen an artist trading card but I would be interested in seeing some.Where do you get them made? Are they like a baseball card? Are there stats on the back ?? About the artist or the bear ? Ummmmmmmmm Very interesting. Mindy I wish I had some to send. I think it would be fun.

Jodi Falk

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

More information can be found in the Library under the "ATCs/ACEOs" category.

You can check out samples in the Art Cards forum below the Bears & Friends forum.

Quy bear_original

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The scans need to be 300 dpi -- which is why I can't just crib them from the ATC section of TT. Plus, I want to get the thoughts, too -- thanks, Dilu and Renae!

I keep meaning to make some "Editor's Trading Cards" on the off chance an artist's card finds its way to me, but haven't gotten to it yet. Maybe this will encourage me to look at my scrapbooking supplies in a different way.

Anyway, advance thanks to all who reply.

Mindy

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Like Jody, I have ever seen any?? I remember the Barbie doll trading cards. Those were fun and good to keep track of what you had, if you were collecting and  to see the changes in fashion. I guess that it could even be like that for bears. For sure we have come a long way in how different  designers bears look from yesterday bears!
Thank you Quy   for the information. I am going to check the library .
B. hugs and G. smiles .
Gladys bear_flower

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Jodi, I'll swap with you!  Ha!  Mindy be careful what you ask for!

Gladys, even though I just got Jamaal i would trade cards with you too....read up on them and look at the cards that have already been made....you already have a good deal of the equipment....from your scrapping...

gollyhugs to all

dilu

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Dilu I am glad that you have Jamaal!  I send him a week ago today!
About the cards....Do I have cards?? Where? bear_wacko
B.hugs and G. smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
Dilu wrote:

Jodi, I'll swap with you!  Ha!  Mindy be careful what you ask for!

Gladys, even though I just got Jamaal i would trade cards with you too....read up on them and look at the cards that have already been made....you already have a good deal of the equipment....from your scrapping...

gollyhugs to all

dilu

Dilu, If and when I figure out how to make one You will be the first I contact! YEP, YEP, YEP !!! bear_grin

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Jodi,
Go to the Art Cards section below Teddie Bears and Friends. Nancy has a class on how to make them at NCTB....Also here is some info for you.

Artist Trading Cards
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. This card should only be traded and not sold.

ACEO stands for Artist Card Editions and Originals and can be sold. 

Artist trading cards were developed as collectible cards. Each one is a miniature work of art designed and created by a the artist.  Cards can be made with a multitude of materials and often include original artwork as well as photos of the bears that the Artist has created.

Here are a few rules on the making of the cards:

ATC must be 2.5 X 3.5 inches in size. (68 X 89 mm) This size is the same as other trading cards and is a standard in the industry.
ATC cards are traded, and should not be sold. ACEO cards can be sold.
The back of the card should contain the contact information for the artist including his/her name, email and or address, website, card number and or numbered edition and the name of the card itself.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks so much Lynn for taking the time to explain . I will go look  bear_grin

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Any time!!!

Board footer