Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I asked my boss if he happend to have any steel shot since I know he hunts sometimes. He just had his 10 yr old daughter deliver two boxes of shotgun shells to me. He said I can open them up and use the shot! Do you think he's trying to get rid of me? Do you think they'll explode? I'll get my husband to do it - he's insured.

I had to explain to the girls that I wasn't going hunting - it was for teddy bears!

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, a gift of ammunition, from boss to employee, does sound a bit... questionable.  But hey; you asked for it!

I don't know anything about anything when it comes to ammo since I'm not from hunting, police, or homicidal maniac lineage.  However, it occurs to me that you do want to be sure that what you've got is STEEL shot, not lead, which is hazardous.

Have fun and stand clear! bear_happy

ellen ontario, canada

:lol:
that's very funny!  thanx for the chuckle on this boring old day at work!

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Marion and Shelli you guys crack me up!!!  On my lunch hour and the girls are looking at me funny because Im laughing so loud.  I have no idea if you would blow yourself up either.  But I do think its a good idea to have your husband do it:lol::lol::lol:

Jane

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I would think that would be dangerous!  doesn't the thingy in the back of the gun strike the back of the bullet and that is what makes it go?  I wouldnt test this out!  I would probably ask a hunter bear_original

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

My boss assured me that all I had to do was cut off the plastic end and pour out the shot. Told me it would not be dangerous....however he is a  lawyer and maybe he wants to replace me with a cute [INVALID] younger model:/
nooooo. what am I saying...he's helpless without me!
snicker snicker,
Marion

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Your boss is right.  If you open the crimped end, you can pour out the shot.  However, the chances are that what you have is lead not steel.   Almost all shot is lead.  The other thing, there is a primer on the other end of that shell.  You will be fine as long as you don't take a hammer or something to that.  If you do, you may find what a "blast" bear making can really be.  My dad used to load shells so I am not a hunter, police or homicidal maniac.  Although I have been called a maniac, but not homocidal.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:):D:lol:

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Hi,

I am kind of worried to use anykind of steel shot in Bears.
I think after a while, they will show "rust" through the Material?
Even when used in a seperate Bag?

My favorite weights for the Bears are glass beads

Rita

Board footer