Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

I have had an account with a credit card company for some time now and have
been able to take credit cards and debit cards from overseas and here at
fairs, I paid £18.95 rent and 2.8% for each transaction plus vat, which just
about paid for its self, but now because I don't take many transactions each
month they have started charging me an extra £15.00 a month. When I spoke to
them they said well that is the new policy I had a letter, I have to make my
mind up to keep it and pay almost double or lose it and lose my overseas
collectors. it is the equivalent of giving a £40.00 mini bear away each
month. I felt like telling them where to put the machine! I fet it was like put up or shut up!  bear_cry
any thoughts? (not where to put the machine)
hugs Kerren

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

That's horrible Kerren. Credit card companies try to rip everybody off, the cardholders and the sellers. Wouldn't it be possible and cheaper for you to accept credit cards through paypal? Surely, many collectors would be ok with that, no?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What rip off merchants they are...I'd tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine...whoops, sorry if I offended anyone, but companys like this are all out for profit no matter who they affect, they don't care and it really bugs me.

Hugs Jane.  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

A couple of years a go I gave up credit card sales, because of a similar situation.  I no longer go to shows, so I didn't need it for that - and any shows I had gone to provided that service anyway.  I now use Paypal, and I'm only sorry I didn't give up the merchant credit cards sooner!

Jane P.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

i am so sorry, what a headache!

But I am a little behind on all of this, as my sales are so small, I have to wonder why you don't use Paypal.  Paypal lets the customer use their account Or  use a credit card.

I have some one in New Zealand that buys a lot, I'm lucky, and she uses paypal-we are both happy.

I think the 3% you have to [pay paypal as a seller is a lot lett than what your bank is asking of you now.

I do hope you find an answer to this....

gollyhugs

dilu

sarahjane Brisbane

I also think Paypal would be a good idea....or do you use the credit card facilities at shows etc??

It would be easy for your customers to set up a paypal account if they don't have one and the charges are no different for what credit cards already charge...there is no rent though

Densteds Densteds
Website
doodlebears wrote:

What rip off merchants they are...I'd tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine...whoops, sorry if I offended anyone, but companys like this are all out for profit no matter who they affect, they don't care and it really bugs me.

Hugs Jane.  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

What Jane said!!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Celena Oxford

Hi Kerren, sorry to hear about that....horrible isn't it  bear_angry such a huge increase.  Oh yes, why not use Paypal?  I am do all my payment for oversea purchases with Paypal as it is more secure for me as a buyer.

Beary hugs
Celena

Board footer