Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

While I was doing a google search under my name (hey I'm sure there are others that do this - you know who you are!!  :crackup:  )  I found a doll artist who is selling a doll that comes with a bear, made by me.

Well, the bear isn't made by me, but she's stating that it is on the webpage!

I wrote quite politely about a month ago, and told her I didn't make the bear, and please remove my name from her webpage.  Well, I got no reply, and no change to her site.  I've emailed a few times since asking the same, but I'm getting no joy with her.  I thought, no-one could be so unreputable, perhaps she's not getting my emails!  So, I had someone email her, enquiring about prices on her dolls, and sure enough, as quick as a wink - she got a reply!!  (This person sent her email just after I emailed her)

So, there's no excuses for her not to reply to my requests, and do as I ask.  I don't know where else to turn, or what to do. So, that's why I've posted it here.  I can't believe someone is using my name in this manner!

So, if this happened to you, what would you do? 
Danni

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

report her to the Department of Fair Trading......also report her to her web site server, what she is using her webiste for is illegal and they can take down her site, talk to your solicitor as well............but start with the Department of Fair Trading as she is misrepresenting her goods and that is most certainly illegal and they will act on your behalf.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I dont have any advice Danni, but I give moral support bear_thumb
Keep us posted on any action that is taken. It will be a good lesson for all of us.
:hug: Wendy

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

This must be awful for you Danni..............report her as suggested, keep sending emails and if necessary scare her with a threat of legal action. It might work.

Can we know the website address? I for one, want to avoid this seller like the plague - obviously is'nt very trustworthy is she? Maybe we could all bombard her with emails (polite ones obviously) telling her that the bear is'nt made by you, if she knows that loads of people know that she is misrepresenting her goods she might change the info.

Good Luck with this  bear_thumb

Penny  :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

poor Danni, that's unbelievable, it's dreadful what some people do.  I send you lots of luck and hope that it gets easily sorted, maybe a threat of legal action would work,

hugs
catherine

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'd be happy to send this person an email as well, saying I know you and I can tell the bear isn't made by you. if she gets enough of those........

Kinda flattering though, that your name is her selling feature!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, that's just terrible.  bear_shocked I can't believe she would not change it after being busted by the supposed bear artist. I really don't have any different advice than what's already been given. I hope everything works out. I know I would be boiling over if someone did that to me.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Danni, I was being nosey and did a search so I could see who was doing this. I did find a website with a doll holding a bear, but you'll be happy to know that in the description she has an apology to you and states that it's not your bear; she had been misinformed about who the artist was.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I ams o sorry Danni. I believe I would drop her a note and tell her that you have spoken to your lawyer and that she has 48 hours to remove you name and to stop doing what she is doing or you will start legal action.

Good luck.

Hugs Louise

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I visited this morning and saw your name Danni but just had another look now and Sandi is correct, it has been removed and she has an apology to you as well as a link to your bears at North Country Bears  bear_smile

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

To look up the contact info for the owner/administrator of a website you can go to:

www.who.is

Unless they've requested that info be kept 'private' you'll be able to see all of their contact info.

Just a little tid bit to file away.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ah Danni, yuck!  Flattering but wrong.  Let us know how everything turns out.  Good luck!

I'm off to do a google search on me. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears
Judi wrote:

I'm off to do a google search on me. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

I'm so anonymous - even Google doesn't know who I am.  :crackup:  :crackup:

This is possibly why I'm underwhelmed with sales. :redface:

Danni - I do hope you get this sorted out soon - it must be very distressing.............. :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Danni wrote:  perhaps she's not getting my emails!

Danni: what a horrible thing to happen to you. You initially thought she was not getting your e-mails. There is a way to track if they were receive. When you send it you can click on a button in your e-mail to send you back a reply saying your e-mail was received and opened. I don't have the steps in front of me, but it is easy. If you want, I can send you further details on how to do that. 

Best of luck tracking down this dishonorable person.

Michelle

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm glad that it looks like everything has worked out OK. It was a decent gesture for her to put an apology and a link even if it comes after a threat of legal action (which was absolutely the right thing after your gentle tactics didn't work)- free advertising never hurts. If its any small consolation, at least it wasn't a 'butt ugly' dollarstore bear with your name on it! bear_shocked  Upsetting none the less though I bet!

Hope you have a better day today :hug:
Cheryl

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Funny that I write to her and tell her that if she doesn't remove it, I'll expose her on both bear boards and doll boards, and then with a blink of an eye, it's removed, with an applogy, and an email back stating this was the first email she received from me 6 emails later!

Thanks for the idea on return receipts, but that doesn't always work.   If you don't want to send one, just hit cancel, and they don't get a receipt.

Anyhow, thanks for your comments, and glad I got it sorter.  After my friend received an email back, I threatened to tell people, and that's what worked.  Not taking further action.
Danni

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Danni, I'm so glad you've got this sorted out.   You handled it beautifully! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Danni,

Just read this post  and so glad that you have it sorted out now.

I hope that you have a really good day.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Danni, I really feel for you having to go through this unpleasantness  bear_sad
Glad to see it's all sorted  bear_original
Daphne, that was a very usefull address, I have jotted it down in case I need it.  Thankyou for that  bear_thumb

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Danni,
That stinks and I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm glad it was fixed.   :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:)wow Danni, what an unusual situation to find yourself in....gives rise to thoughts of alternate universes....I digress....to much SciFi channel.

Hope you get it all worked out...

gollyhugs
dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Danni, sorry that you had to go through
this ... bear_cry  I'm just glad that she removed your name.

hugs
Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whew - that's a relief, Danni, that the culprit did the right thing.  Good on you!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow, that is rude, glad you got it sorted Danni.  :clap:

Board footer