Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

P1010025-Large-Web-view.jpgP1010026-Large-Web-view.jpgJust put the finishing touches on this guy - after struggling with him for three weeks!!!!!  He was trouble with a capital T!  He didn't even start out as a panda, but after hand-dyeing the mohair like three times to get the right shade of soft grey, and making a head I was happy with, the body came out all wrong.  So I needed more mohair to re-do the body and of course, couldn't get the right shade a second time.  My next batch was purple for some reason.  So anyway...........  had to over-dye that batch with black and now he's a panda.  The 4-piece body ended up being actually 12 pieces!!!!!  Had to take apart the arms and piece together scraps..............  I am naming him "Smoke" because that is what my little boy says he looks like.  Even taking his photo was a hassle - had to go back in the house twice for a memory card and then batteries!  He looks purple-ish in the photos but he is really a soft grey and a charcoal grey.  I plan on accessories and a companion little bear for him but that will have to wait until after the holidays..........  too much other stuff to do now unfortunately...........

sarahjane Brisbane

WOW!!!!  He was worth every bit of the struggle....he is wonderful, I love him!!!

He looks so big...how big is he???

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I think he's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I've noticed that you don't put any of your bears on the 'for sale' section - do you not sell them?

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oooo Connie, for being so much trouble he sure came out BEAUTIFUL!  I think he's really lovely!

Kimberly W.

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Connie...he is a beautiful bear...worth every bit of the work!

Hugs, Nancy bear_flower

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I think he has turned out just great,  worth all the trouble don't you think?

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks, everyone!  Sarah Jane, this bear is pretty big - about 23 inches, I think..........  And no, I haven't sold any bears yet.  There seem to be so many very talented bear artists selling already.  For now, I am happy just making for myself and family............

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I love the faces on your bears connie, traditional, but oh so cute too.   I think Smoke is gorgeous.  hehe, my family claim most of my bears too!  what can you do lol.  its good to enjoy making them without the pressure of selling.  It took me ages to build up to sellig.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Connie, he looks great! The grey tones are lovely, and his face is so thoughtful looking! (He's a good hugger too!)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

BEAUTIFUL! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_wub

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Connie outstanding bear as always  bear_wub  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well it sounds like a lot of dying and work but he turned out beautiful. Simply beautiful.....

Michelle

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Thanks, everyone!  I'm so glad you like my newest bear!  I hadn't really thought I had developed a style of my own but he is sitting next to my Halloween bear on the mantle, and you can definitely tell they are brothers!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Connie ,
He is gorgeous Panda !  :clap:
I admire your hard work !!!  bear_thumb 

hugs
Marie

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

Wonderful work... I love Pandas... and I love this bear  bear_wub

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website