Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Adele is still in hospital with the babies.
So we have been rushed off our feet visiting.
The second baby Jasmine, heart stopped before she was born, her cord had been trapped so as soon as she was born she was rushed to intensive care and both babies were put on antibiotics starting from birth. Because of the length of time from the waters going to the time of delivery, this can cause infection apparently. Jasmine came down 12 hours after birth so both babies were with Adele.
The first one Naomi, was taken to intensive care on Thursday morning, the tube that is attached to her hand to take the antibiotics came out. She had to go to intensive care to have it put back in, but the staff were worried about her weight and the jaundice so they kept her up there. In the meantime she developed a temperature so they did a lumber puncture on her. They said she has meningitis.
We were all worried over the weekend although her temperature came down. They tried to do the lumber puncture on Jasmine too but couldn't get any fluids.
Yesterday when the cultures came back there was nothing abnormal with them. So it may not have been meningitis but she is still on a three-week course of antibiotics, starting from birth.
They took Jasmine's antibiotic device of her hand on Saturday because her temperature was normal. So we are hoping and praying that it isn't meningitis and they may be allowed home. Different doctors are telling them different things at the moment, so they need to see a consultant to find out if it really is meningitis. I am wondering if they had given her a Caesarean, this all may have been avoided.I feel so sick with worry.
hugs Kerren :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Kerren, how worrying for you all. It's really not something you want to hear - just the word 'meningitis' sends shivers down my spine.

I hope it ISN'T meningitis and that both little girls get better quickly. Sending hugs your way.....  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

How utterly awful  bear_cry   Still, those babies are in the best place possible for receiving the best of care... Better to not waste your time and energies dealing on 'what ifs'....as my friend says, better to deal with 'what is'. 

Sending along loads of positive vibes for both babies to heal quickly, and be hearty and hale sooooon  :hug:  bear_wub

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Oh, Kerren!  HSo much to go through when they are so new!  Hope they both heal up fast!  *sending big e-hugs & prayers*

Amelia

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

thanks!
I felt so ill worrying  poor hubby who is full of cold had to do the school run this afternoon.
hugs Kerren

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

:hug:  :hug: OHHH how terrible, I'm like gemma just hearing that word makes me ill with worry. I had a scare with my own little girl with the same thing when she was 1 1/2.
I do know what your going through.
Try and stay strong.Lots of hugs for you and your family. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well that's not the best way to enter the world, is it?  Sounds like they're in great and knowledgeable hands, though, who won't rest until they have identified the culprit(s) and found a cure, so I'm sure the babies will pull through any hard times quickly with treatment.  Doesn't make suffering through it any easier, though, does it?

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:  bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Get well vibes headed toward those precious twins, Kerren.  I'm so sorry they've had to endure such harshness after only a few days in the real world.  Lots of hugs for you and your entire family.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Praying for your little ones. An awful lot for them to go through, but they sound like strong little kids and in good hands.  Thinking of you and your family :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Kerren, I'll be praying you and your family, especially the babies :pray:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thinking of you and your family and sending prayers and warmest bear hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

My thoughts are with you and the twins.  Hope they come through safe and well

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

My love and prayers are going your way Kerren . I am sorry that you have had this scare and I hope that soon
they will all be home.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kerren,
    Hope the twins are on the mend and you can pput this scare behind  you.  Try not to worry too much and get some rest.

hugs,

Brenda

Stitch SanguineCreations
Wales

Hugs and good thoughts for the twins and family. I hope they are all well and able to be home for Christmas soon.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh my goodness Kerren, what a terrible worry for you all.   We lost our 9 month old nephew to meningitis, it was so tragic.   The doctors have such a hard time diagnosing this due to the symptoms being so like other illnesses, I'm glad they are being cautious about your little ones, will keep you all in my prayers.   :hug:  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

This must be so stressful for everyone.  I really hope the babies are ok.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.   :hug:  :hug:

djbbears Queensland

Those little ones sound like little fighters, there in the best place they can be, more prayers to the little ones and the family.
Hugs and prayers to you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Debbie

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Thank you all so much, you don't know how much it means to me to read your encouraging messages of support I really appreciate everything,
hugs Kerren

Board footer