Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

I'm adding a couple of pics of some of my "saggy" well loved teds that I made in 2006

kirby_4.jpg

kim_endlich.jpg

rufus_4.jpg

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh! They are so sweet! bear_thumb
Thanks for sharing.
Bear hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Thank you! I love making these kinds of bears...so much fun, but alot of extra work to get the distressing just right!

Hugs,

Kim

sarahjane Brisbane

Beautiful floppy teds Kim and Gladys....well I have drawn mine up but I have yet to cut it out ....I am not sure about the mohair I have (don't like the colour!!)  bear_ermm

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA
Gemma wrote:

I'm personally going to put just plastic pellets in the body of my bear (I'll do the arms, legs and head as normal...probably!). I thought that if the head seems to flop forward too much that I'll put a little bit of polyester fibre fill in the top of the body (not firmly - just so that it supports the neck joint a little).

ah! Thanks Gemma. that was sort of what I imagined doing, so it's good to know I am on the right track.

Great bears Gladys and Kim!   :clap:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Wow, what beautiful bears!

Kim, I just LOVE the one in the top picture....  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Wow beautiful floppy bears Kim !!!  I love the bear in a second and
a third photo !!! so sweet.  bear_wub 

Gladys, I can see him as Floppy ! I never thought of  long mohair with floppy but he is gorgeous floppy guy ! thanks for sharing.

I think I'll use the mat-glass eyes and glass pellets for stuffing !
Can't wait to start my floppy bear.

hugs
Marie

Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Thank you for your compliments on my bear! Im a sucker for a good ol' tattered ted! Love that true blue, well loved and has a million stories to tell, (if only he could talk) look.

Bear Hugs,

Kim

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

They are beautiful Kim!  I love the well worn look ... it's not something I've ever tried myself, so my first saggy ted will debut on here if i get time!  I don't think I'll be distressing him though, just sagging him.

Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Oh Paula you should try it...its soooo much fun to distress a bear. You never know what your gonna get *smiles* I always distress mine before I cut it out so the worn spots are random. Once the bear is done, I fine tune my worn areas to make him look the way an antique bear would look....

Kim

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Ok here we go....This is my Floppy bear. Hope you can see his floppiness  bear_grin I am not good at taking pictures. He is like about 9" 1/2 and I named him "Wobbles" He is Mohair and his nose is made out of Cernit ( a clay like compound ). Hope you like him. The first one I posted, like I told you guys , I made a few years ago ( l love floppy bears!! ) but, this one I made for this challenge.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower 000_1085.jpg

East Sussex

Gladys, he's wondeful!!  :clap:  :clap:

His sleepy eyes are great and I can definately see that saggy belly!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thank you Gemma  I am glad that you can see his floppiness bear_grin  I made his eyelids and paws, from upholstery velvet. I like the dreamy look on bears too.
Gladys

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I love the "floppy Bears' somehow I can never do them !!!!!!!!!!!!- I always just go on filling and filling  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

Lynette

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836
kallie214 wrote:

I always distress mine before I cut it out so the worn spots are random. Once the bear is done, I fine tune my worn areas to make him look the way an antique bear would look....

Kim

I was going to ask exact question in a new thread, thank for answering Kim!  I've distressed some wee little mini's but never the bigger bears so I was wondering how folks approach.  I think I'll have to join in the challenge and make mine a well loved vintage floppy. bear_original  ( I think I have the mohair on hand... if not maybe he'll be a "scraps" bear too!! bear_grin )
Thanks again for the tip!!

:hug:
~Chrissi

East Sussex

Well, I've finally finished my 'floppy' bear for the challenge!!

He doesn't have a definate name yet although I quite like 'Fred'.

I'm really pleased with the way he turned out! He has trapunto paws. He is also a completely new pattern.

His colour doesn't show up too well in the pictures (I need to take more). He's inbetween the 2 colours of these photos!!

He will be going with me to my first show in May. I hope someone loves him enough to adopt him!!

floppybear_001a.jpgfloppybear_011a.jpg

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Oh my goodness, Gemma--I love him enough!  bear_wub If I had bear adoption money, he would be coming to live with me!  :dance: (Maybe you'd like to send him to Colorado for a visit... bear_whistle )

Bear hugs,
Debora bear_smile

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Oh! Gemma I love him!! ( he looks like a Fred to me too) Love his sweet looks and his paws...ALL OF HIM Good job! bear_thumb
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
It is amazing how different the colors can look! One of my challenge bears,  in one picture it loked gray ( that IS his color ) and in the other ..GREEN!! Funny bear_grin
Gladys bear_flower

sarahjane Brisbane

billy4.JPGWell I have finished my 'floppy bear' His name is Billy....It seems that Gemma and I used very similar mohair...I swear, he was cut out and his head finished before Gemma posted her little boy!!!!!     .I can't get used to the 'unstuffed' feel though and I keep being tempted to open the poor little bloke up and re-stuff him!!  bear_grin

East Sussex

SarahJane, he is gorgeous!! I think he is my favourite of all your bears!  bear_wub

I must say that since completing my bear I LOVE the floppy feel of them. Are your head, arms and legs still stuffed firmly? Mine are - it's just the body that is floppy.

sarahjane Brisbane

Yes my head arms and legs are all stuffed firmly but slightly less firmly than usual....I must admit Gem I was a bit hesitant about posting him as I think he is very similar to yours!!!  :o....I'm thinking he might need a few more glass beads..... bear_ermm

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Gemma, Sarah, they are gorgeous and look so floppy  bear_happy   Kim, I love your first brown bear  bear_wub  and Glady's, so cute with those sleepy lids  bear_wub

Board footer