Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Everyone
Thanks for all of your suggestions- the hunt continues!!!
Hugs
Gail

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

OK ...I have re read this topic....Shelli, I had the hardest time finding metallic nail polish so your suggestion to look at Michaels for the "little pots on card board thingamajigs " really helps . Of course, I already went over board buying nail polish colors...maybe I can give to my older granddaughters this Christmas...LOL

What I understand is... sealing the acrylic eye paint with nail polish or model car laquer as the last coat will keep the paint from messing up...after you have fray checked the fabric hole.
  Now for a question ....can you Super glue the sealed eye back to the fabric to keep the eye from shifting ? I should think not... but has anyone had the wonderful experience of trying this  then finding out it screwed up all their hard work ? LOL...Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I've done that, rarely (usually my eyes are tightly set and don't need glue to hold, and haven't had any problem with it ruining the back of the eye.  Anyone else?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I always put a drop of superglue on the back of my eyes and on the back of my fimo noses...

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Winney

I went to Walmart-Grant's Pass yesterday-  (my quarterly visit) and got 3 different metalics in goldish colors, one glitter in white and a set of 6 "chrome" colors-  so if my Walmart had it wouldn't Medford's?
I had the lady who stocks the section help me look, cuz, golly, they were spread out all over the place.

Also I got some 'glitter' paint for the air brush and I was thinking maybe that would be interesting...

hope that helps

Dilu

Deb Upstate New York

Shelli ~

In the May 12th post with the closeups, I also noticed that bear's eyelids appeared to either be painted or were of some fancy cord.  In another post somewhere I read where you graciously shared your method of using leather cord for eyelids.  Can the leather be painted as well somehow to coordinate with the eyes?

I'm nowhere near ready to try some of this, but have to ask while I'm thinking of it or .... Pooof, gone!

Deb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

JJ48 wrote:

Can the leather be painted

Yes, it can.

nicole Posts: 5

bear_sad hi im new here and the photo is no longer there showing what the eye looks like once its done..does anyone know were i can find the pic to look at or could someone email me one please thanks...huggs..nicole

Board footer