Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thursday, January 11... If you have not already sent your TOBY entry and plan to, please send it via FedEx, UPS, or Express Mail to the following address:

Teddy Bear and Friends
TOBY Award Entry
317 Pin Oak Place
Lancaster PA 17602
717-393-8371

Monday is a holiday in the U.S. and I must have your entry no later than Tuesday to process it. I'm leaving for the judging on Wednesday morning!

Thanks,
Mindy Kinsey
Editor

Lancaster PA

By the way, I'm sorry for the Monday - holiday - deadline thing. I didn't know it was a holiday when I picked it. I've since learned how to download holidays to my Outlook calendar so I can avoid such conflicts in the future. *sigh* It's always something, right?

MK

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mindy, is your avatar the internal "Face Book" cover for the upcoming issue?  It looks like one of those collages where the "pixels" are made up of tiny photographs... possibly of the bears featured in the book?

If I'm guessing right, I am totally impressed and excited to see it blown up and larger than life.  Who did that for you folks at TB&F... and how???

Tres cool.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

That's what I thought too, Shelli.  Like a mosaic of all the bears faces in tiny squares which make up a larger picture.  It's one giant piece of art from all the combined bears artists. Very impressive. bear_thumb

Lancaster PA

Right on all counts. It's a draft of the Face Book cover, and it IS one of those collages! And, to me at least, it is very cool. It was my idea and my photographer made it happen for me. We put most of the Face Book photos, plus everything else I could get my hands on, into a database to do it. So you'll see bears you recognize, but you'll also see my son, because he modeled for TeddyCrafts a couple years ago. The overall photo is a Steiff bear from my collection. I was going to keep it a secret until the issue came out, but I needed to update my avatar and I couldn't resist. I'm really excited about it.

Mindy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Big wow!  What a fabulous idea Mindy!!  Can't wait to receive my subscription copy!!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Totally awesome, Mindy!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Wow!!  I can't wait to take a closer look!! bear_thumb

Lancaster PA

Thanks, everyone. I'm in a seriously cranky mood this week -- nothing major, just too much to do and not enough time -- so I especially appreciate your kind words.

Mindy

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Mindy, that is just the coolest cover. When I first looked at it I was wondering why it was blurry, then I too thought maybe it was one of those photo thingies  bear_happy .  I can't wait to see a copy.  I think I recognize some of those bear in that little avatar  :crackup:

zemeski Posts: 434

Mindy -
I personally appreciate you and the whole Teddy Bear And Friends crew!! You all do such a outstanding job in advertising, designing the magazine, and bringing the most interesting stories etc.. I would like to say I appreciate all your hard efforts. They don't go unnoticed!! Your avatar looks like it is going to be a nice cover for the Face Book!!  :hug:  :hug: You deserve BIG hugs for all the hard work!! :hug:  :hug:

P.S. I hope you all got my Toby entry. I mailed it in the first of the week.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_rolleyes  Mindy,
We'll keep it a secret!! Don't stress out. Orlando is going to be fun even if you're working all out! So much is happening there! And, yes, I'm ready for the panel. (Of course I'm no where near ready for my table display bear_wacko )
Karen
P.S. Come-on the Lennon Sisters are going to be there, how can that not be fun  bear_laugh

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wow - how exciting and what a great idea for the front cover.
Thanks very much Mindy and TB&F - appreciate all the hard work that will have gone into this book and can't wait to see it.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer