Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I wonder, has anyone been trying out Bearpile lately? Do you sell? I'm thinking about trying it for a month and would love to hear you opinion!
Thanks guys!  bear_original

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Ah, I love Bearpile! bear_wub   I haven't been on with anything new for a few weeks as I've gotten back with ebay, but it has been very good to me in the past.  I think it would definitely be worth a trial run for you.......go for it!! bear_thumb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

It's always good.  THere are quiet time (right now is one) but it picks up.

Goodluck, hopefully it'll be as successful for you as it is for me.
Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've heard great things about Bear Pile. Can't say as I've head anything negative come to think of it!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have been on there for about 6 months and I have had questions come my way and only one order that fell through but It is good exposure for ten bucks a month . Lots of people look and that is good. I do up date when I sell items other ways so they know what I still have for sale.

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

I have done ok in the past but it has been a bit quiet since we have to pay for it. But I did sell a bear last month. So try and see how you go. It is a very good site in my opinion.
Lena 03.gif

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I am on it, trying it for another type of exposure and I think it is reasonable.

They say it pays to advertise.

Lynette.

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

It's always a trial for me... should I use Ebay or Bearpile.... maybe I'll do both  bear_grin

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

Hi Jennie

I can recommend Bearpile. To be fair it does have its ups and downs like everything else, but I can only give positive feedback.  Even if you don't sell anything straight away, it does push traffic towards your website, which is a good thing.

I use Bearpile and ebay and cannot say which is better.  I think you will be surprised, just give it a trial period and see what happens.

Good luck
Jacqui

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

I´m using Bearpile, but with no luck
so..   I´m not really a fan  bear_sad

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

jodi-s-avatar--Patty--200-pix.jpg

Every thing takes time... but if you think about it ... If people don't see you they for get about you !!! So for just 10 dollars a month that is really cheep advertising !!!! Just look at it that way . You will be surprised how many people look at each picture. And the first day will blow you away 100 times more lookers than E Bay !!! And

that is good even if there are NO sales !!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'm also a Bearpile believer....  I've had collectors tell me when they adopt one of my bears that they had been watching my bears for a long time and were finally able to adopt now.....

So just because you are not getting sales NOW does not mean people are not watching or interested...

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

If I understand it correctly..... With bearpile, I can refresh the page and it counts every time. So I kinda wonder how many hits there actually is.... hmmmmm  bear_flower
In my experience, I have had inquiries, but no purchases.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Well that may be so but when it is around 2,000 somebody is looking a few times !! I had thought that also at one time but realized that after the numbers got up there it was still more than E Bay. But I do both. I sell on E Bay ... at times, looks like it is picking up now. People are looking at getting income taxes back .

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Yeah, I have tried Bearpile a few month before and I always had a lot of visitors but only one buyer. I tried Ebay this week with two bears but no luck....  bear_sad It's no wonder I start thinking "are my bears that ugly or do I set a too high price??"

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jennie !!! NO..NO..NO..you make out of sight bears !!! Don't ever for one second believe that nasty voice in your head !!!! I have trouble on E bay also, do I make sucky bears???? It just is the plain fact that people today just don't have allot of extra money to buy what they love . Even me , my extra money goes towards getting my son through college. Just a fact. But there are allot of teddy bears I would love to buy ....just can't. So don't listen just stand firm !!!!

Jodi Falk

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Jennie, your bears have such a special quality.  I use eBay with success also, so I would try both.  Once people get used to see you bears, both at ebay & Bear Pile, they will taken notice of each next one.  I strongly believe to get a following on eBay, you need to be strict and try to have a bear on eBay every week, or as often as you can - that way you continue to be in people's faces.

As for the hits, I wouldn't take too much notice if your bear next to another bear hasn't received as many hits.  I know that some artists (no names mentioned) sit there, re-load their bears pages to make it look as if their bear has had way more hits than anyone else.   :crackup:   (no, not me girls LOL)

Give it a go, but I would suggest going on there for moret han a month because it's really quiet at the moment.
Danni

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Danni, I'll go with your idea. So I put out one more bear on Ebay tonight! As you say, I will try let my bears be in peoples faces!  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have one on right now also, and just sold one sooooooooooooooo good luck to us !!!

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

That's great Jodi!! And good luck!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

All of the talk made me curious so I'm happily giving bearpile a whirl!  It was super easy to use and for 3 months I'm paying the same as a featured ebay listing after all of the fees.  Not too shabby!  I added 1 bear rather quickly and will add more tonight. 

Question for those who use it....I followed the picture/image size instructions, but my photos look much smaller compared to most.  What's the trick in sizing your images??

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Can't help ya, my pictures look blurry till you click on them and they get bigger , then they are ok . bear_grin

Board footer