Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

On Friday Penny wrote about someone who is going through a lot of stress and worry...well that is me.
On Friday my husband and I took our daughter, Sarah, to a cancer hospital where she had earlier had tests to see if she had inherited the gene that her dad carries. It is a cancer gene that causes breast cancer and the illness has taken lots of Philip's family. The gene is so strong that it gives my kids 50% chance of inheriting the gene, but that's not all the story, I too have a cancer gene on my side of the family so all in all my kids are at an very high risk of developing cancer. I have been going through hell with worry but on Friday we found out that Sarah has not inherited the gene from her Dad. She will be monitored throughout her life now and I pray that she will be OK. The next results that we are waiting for are Eve's, my other daughter gets her results on the 24th of this month. I hope and pray that they are good like Sarah's. My husband will be in a London hospital having an operation on the same day as Eve's results are given so I will not be able to travel up north to be with her, but her partner will be there and he is very supportive.
Thank you all for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers, I really needed them last Friday and will hang on to them for Eve and also my husband for the 24th.

Thanks Penny, your an angel!

Hugs Jane.  :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Jane, I am so glad that Sarah is ok, but my thoughts and hugs go to you with waiting for Eve's results and your husbands operation.  Waiting is always hard ,but know that I'm thinking of you and sending all the positive vibes I can  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

Big Hugs
Catherine
xx

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Dearest Jane,

My prayers go out to your children, your husband and yourself for speedy recovery for hubby and good reports for your daughter.   I know the power of prayer as my husband is now recovering from colon cancer and on the way to good health.  So it is my turn to help someone else in a similar situation. 

May God Bless and watch over you and yours.

Hugs,

Wanda

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

I am so pleased everything worked out good for Sarah, I'll keep my fingers and toes and legs and arms all crossed for eve and your hasband.Make sure you look after your self too. :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Now that truly is "Better living through Chemestry"!  Isn't it great that these sorts of tests are available?

What a great time to be alive.

I hope you, yourself, are doing OK?  Think of you often, (everyday) and am offering prayers up for you and yours.....

gollylove
dilu

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

The Mrs X- mmmm Dear Jane, how annoying life can be at times !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lynette

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I will keep praying !! Thank GOD the one is out of the woods !!! Lifting prayers for the other one and your husband and last but not least YOU !!!

kissbear.gifkissbear.gifkissbear.gifkissbear.gif

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

My prayers are with you and your family.  We must think positive.  I hope everything goes well for you hubby.  Keep us posted!

Jane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh Jane , sending warm hugs and prayers for you and your family. I just know everything will be ok.
Keep us posted!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jane, I am so happy that Sarah's tests results were so positive!  Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and hoping Eve's turn out just as well.  I hope your hubby recovers quickly from his impending surgery.

hugs,

Brenda

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Jane, my thoghts and prayers  go out   to you.  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Jane: I will keep your family in my prayers. So sorry you are going through all this stress. Thank goodness your one daughter does not have the cancer gene. But it is absolutely imerative she continue her check ups....

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so pleased for your family's good result, and send all my wishes for a similar outcome for Eve and a successful result for your husband as well.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Jane - I'm so sorry for your worry, I can't begin to imagine what that must be like, sending you ALL my love and prayers for positive news, you know where I am if you need me  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

ALL THE BEST FOR MS. X AND HER FAMILY!!!! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Jane, I am so sorry to hear your having such a worrying time......but glad that you have good results for Sarah.

I pray that Eve will also be fine.......and will be thinking of you on the 24th. Take care of yourself....remember I'm here

if you need me!!

Hugs,

Yvonne  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Jane,

Really sorry to hear all that you have been going through and  that is great to hear that Sarahs test were
fine. I hope that Eve's will be too.
Also that your husband's surgery will go well for him.
Warmest hugs and love and prayers are with you and your family Jane.

Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

You and your family will be in my thoughs and prayers.
Lena 2617.gif

beary_clairey Luton

Hey Jane,

I am sorry to hear about your worries and stress, but I'm glad Sarah's results were good and am praying that Eve's are the same.

My brother had testicular cancer 8 years ago, but (touch wood) has been in remission ever since!! Like Sarah he will be monitored for the rest of his life, so if he ever does get it again in the future they should catch it quickly.

Hope everything goes well for your hubby with his op and look after yourself too Jane or you will be no good to anyone!!!

Lots of Hugs

Claire

big_hug.gif

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi jane,
You and your family are in my prayers. I'm glad Sarah's results turned out well and I pray for the same for Eve and that your husband's surgery goes well too. :hug:  :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

My thoughts & prayers are with you, Jane my dear friend, what a tough couple of years you've had...very best wishes for a happy outcome for hubby & your dear Eve, and thank God Sarah is okay,
Take care, always thinking of you and sending you a huge hug, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

It is said that God doesn't give us any more than we can handle but this sounds like a very heavy load for you and your family Jane. I hope and pray that all will go well for all members of your family
Hugs
Gail :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I will keep praying for your husband and Eve's.   :hug:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

May the waiting be the very worst of it - I wish for everything after to be a breeze.
I am greatly encouraged by the vigilance of you & your doctors though - nothing is going
to get by you guys! There's been so much progress in treatment since we lost my gramma
to breast cancer in 1977. Best wishes to you all!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Your cheering section is still here - all present and correct.  All will be well - i feel it..............

Board footer