Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Good grief. Talk about sore losers!
Mindy, I'm sorry you were the target of such an undeserved and downright ridiculous attack.

Aleta put it so very well:

I've been sitting here for the better part of a half an hour trying to think of something wise and politically correct to say.  However, my anger that someone has accused you, Mindy Kinsey, of such rubbish has me seething.  Not only is it a dart at you and the magazine but it's a dart at my work and all those from TT who've been nominated.....and even those who weren't.  To suggest that any one of us might have been nominated just because we all belong to a teddy bear forum.  HOW DARE THEY!!

I didn't enter any contests this year and joked about it in another thread but seriously there was a very good reason for it. I took a good look at past competition winners and some of the outstanding work being produced here on TT. Then I took a good hard, honest look at my own work. Now I think my bears are good (otherwise I wouldn't even attempt to sell them) but are they 'outstanding'?   I constantly strive to excell and improve, but 'outstanding' is what it takes to win and I just don't think I'm there yet. (That doesn't mean I'm not going to keep trying to get there!)
My point is, it is easy to see the outstanding caliber of work produced by TT artists and it is competition quality. Talk about some stiff competition!! There are soooo many talented artists who are members of TT and we have a very supportive, encouraging community here. I don't think it's a bit surprising that so many TT-er's were nominated.
Now I'm not saying those that didn't get nominated weren't good enough! No, far from it! I know there had to have been a lot of awesome creations that didn't get nominated (Benson springs to mind!), and truly my heart goes out to each disappointed artist, but there are only so many slots.  Plus, a lot depends on the tastes of the judges.

I didn't mean to be a windbag here, but the accusation is just so unfounded. What would Mindy have to gain by rigging it? Unemployment?

Each of the nominees is OUTSTANDING and deserving. CONGRATULATIONS!

And Mindy - Thank you for the work you do on behalf of the teddy bear world! :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Shame on the disbelievers. I love these competions and I know there would be no way that they would be rigged. Why would you taint your reputation, crazy! Keep up the good work Mindy, we really appriciate all the hard work you and your team do for all of us.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Geez, I am sorry to hear that you have been harassed. That puts a damper on things huh? I think your reply was very professional and thorough. There are a lot of members on this forum and everyone makes such beautiful bears! No wonder so many won!
Thanks for sharing this, I am really suprised that a couple people felt this way!
Aeri

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

WOW Mindy..........only chocolate flowers and wine??? I know all women adore jewelry........(snicker)
Seriously, this is a crock. Some day I'll get the nerve to enter the contest. I appreciate the efforts made by you and the publishers to honor the work of artists! I look forward to it every year, and truthfully never considered how much work it is..........like Kelly said "like juggling vipers"  aaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhh! Thanks for being there. It really does make a difference in our industry. A BIG difference! Pam

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dear Mindy,

I know you have saidhere " back to the celebrations”, and I agree, but I really felt the need to comment on this post. So, please except my two cents.

You have had so many wonderful supports and I know as a professional person and kind person, that you would never do such a thing. I also know personal, it is hard to be accused of  underhanded and dishonest behavior.

The truth of the matter is, so many TT’s have entered the awards programs because of your presents here on TT. Getting to know someone involved in an event always helps people join in and be part of awards.
So many would of possibly not have even of known about the awards and I also believe it has given many of them the confidence to enter and enjoy the experience, whether they win or not.

I also entered the Toby Award this year, and my bears were not chosen.
I am confident in knowing, it is just not my time and I will try again next year.
I think it is wonderful there are so many TT nominations this year.
Why do I think that is the case? Well, Is that not why Teddy Talk was started for in the first place? One person’s dream to create a community to help the Teddy Bear Industry?
I believe that was and is the case.
With over 800 members that is going to happen. (many winners from one group)
I say to those out there that said that. Join and be part of the community.
I say also, Congratulations to all TT winners and you all should be very proud no matter what anyone says, as I know you are!

Hugs kassie

Pages:

Board footer